UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Radical Confirmation of Movie Liscences

Hey Radical Members

Check out the latest radical insider; They confirm that later this year more movie boxsets will be released for the lines on the movie posters (rain man, silence of the lambs, platoon etc) & that the posters will be available too.

So no more speculation if the posters were leading to real sets, the answer is YES!!

:) more good minimate news

I'm not too surprised to hear they would get the minimate treatment. After all, that would be a lot to spend on a license only to make a poster.

I'm interested in the For a Few Dollars More, Platoon, and Silence of the Lambs box sets, whatever they may include. Desperately Seeking Susan and Rain Man just don't seem like interesting licenses to me. To each their own though.

I'm not too surprised to hear they would get the minimate treatment. After all, that would be a lot to spend on a license only to make a poster.

I'm interested in the For a Few Dollars More, Platoon, and Silence of the Lambs box sets, whatever they may include. Desperately Seeking Susan and Rain Man just don't seem like interesting licenses to me. To each their own though.

I'd be interested to see how they make D.S.S. and Rainman into box sets... as they both only really have 2 main characters.

To be honest the more I think about these the more I like the idea and look forwards to them. :)

T.

Posted from another thread.

In the new DST radical confidential they mention that all the new movie minimate licenses shown in Posters at the conventions are still on. Not much more was shown or revealed.

On a side note, there is a new contest for BSG Series 1, Starbuck Promo, Cylon Elf.

Read the contest details in the Radical Confidential at http://www.diamondselecttoys.com

Posted from another thread.

In the new DST radical confidential they mention that all the new movie minimate licenses shown in Posters at the conventions are still on. Posters will alse be available. Not much more was shown or revealed.

On a side note, there is a new contest for BSG Series 1, Starbuck Promo, Cylon Elf.

Read the contest details in the Radical Confidential at http://www.diamondselecttoys.com

you know, I have mentioned this in the "Future License" topic, but I would love to just see a Movie Line. Like TBT said, some of those movies only have 2 main stars. In fact, I would love to see a series of Movie Minimates, maybe 1 or 2 a year. It would be better like DC (4 2 packs) than Marvel (3 2 packs and variant). Could you imagine, Marty/Doc, Rocky/Apollo, Rainman/Tom Cruise, Platoon Guy/Platoon guy (sorry, never saw the movie). That would be much more interesting than just a bunch of Boxed sets, IMHO. neo

The two-pack idea isn't bad. There's no rule saying there has to be 4 'Mates for a movie. Though these are some unusual licenses. I haven't seen a lot of these movies, so I'll decide if I want the 'Mates once the pics come out. Though I don't think I'll be able to resist a Lector with that mask and straitjacket. Hopefully, he'll come on his own dolly and everything. Heh.

However, anyone wanting civilian MiniMates pretty much got their wish. Plus, new faces, costumes, and hair should be good for the customizers.

Here's hoping for American Beauty MiniMates...