Iron Man Movie

allsey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That picture is just perfectly awesome, awesomely perfect. Couldn't be better-provided the hand laser kicks equal ass. Now if they just got a decent script...

• 4 months later...

Well, instead of starting a new thread, I'm just going to breath life into this old baby!

So, who saw the movie? I hope most of you did. Just a couple of notes first!

-It made over $104 million, making it the 2nd highest selling non-sequal release behind Spider-Man.

-For those that were patient there was an awsome little clip at the end of the movie!

As far as the movie itself. I went to the 7pm show last night (Sunday) with my wife. She was hesitant because she's not a comic fan and didn't know who Iron Man was. She likes the Spider-Man movies but can't stand the Superman, Batman or X-Men movies. But, I talked her into taking one for the team. The best review I can give to you guys is hers, which was, and I quote, "Wow, that was a really good movie." "Better than Spider-Man?" I asked, "Yeah, I think so!" So, from the mouth of my beautiful, Non-Comic Fan, wife, two thumbs up!

As for my impressions, they are more of the same really. I loved the movie in almost every way. I've said it from the first announcement, Robert Downey Jr. is the best guy for the job. Now, after seeing the movie, I can honestly say that RDJ was born to be Tony Stark. Never have I seen a more perfect transition from page to screen. If the think of the greats what comes to mind? Hugh plays a mavelous Wolverine. Toby pulls off Spidey almost to a T. And I have to believe that Patrick Stewart middle name is Xavier. However, as good as they are, RDJ is better. I'm not saying his a better actor, but I'm saying he is a better character brought to life. Everything about his settle charm to his overwhelming confidence to his realization of the gravity of his life feels flawless on screen. Shoot, I'd watch an Alien Vs. Preditor Vs. Iron Man movie if RDJ played Tony Stark !!

The story was great, it kept the classic origin almost straight down the line, only changing the setting really. The idea of Stark stepping up to the plate and wanting to take responsibility for his actions is good to see and you can clearly see the drastic change of character. The story doesn't feel forced and you can completely believe and support his motives for becoming someone.......something better.

What can I say about the eye candy? The movie looked AMAZING. The suit was SO DANG COOL. Honestly, If I could afford to buy an Iron Man suit like that I would wear it to the mall every saturday, it was that dang cool. They way they did Tony's face on the black screen for inside the helmet was amazing. You really feel like you understand how everything works now. The comics have done it, but to see it live and in action makes it so much more real. It feels like you could actually do it. And that first scene in the Mark III suit was one of my favorite Hero moments yet!

Was it perfect? No, but most aren't. While Jeff Bridges did really good, I felt his talent was way underused. In fact I would have prefered they kept him through the Triology before making the switch. Of course, the film has to have a villian and that was my biggest complain. While the Iron Monger looked amazing, it was grossly underused in the film.

All in all though it is a Must-See movie for anyone, fan or casual view alike. The acting by all 4 of the main players were great. The subtle hints (SHIELD) for the fans is nice. The story was top notch and written and directed beautifully. This is now my 2nd favorite Origin movie over Spider-Man and just behind Batman Begins, and is 3rd all time behind Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2. If we see the progression between Iron Man 1 and 2 as we did with Spider-Man, IR2 may just be the greatest Superhero movie of all time. Only time will tell. But, in the meantime stop reading this and go buy a ticket. You won't be disappointed! neo

Just to be fair, my comments had nothing to do with Minimates, thus I put them in the Minimates' Arm.

Thanks for the tip though. I'll move my comments over there! :) neo