UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superman's New Buddy

insanespidey

I woke up yesterday morning and found an interesting surprise waiting for me. I have no idea what prompted me to take a look at my minimates....

This little guy was as green as kryptonite, and for the love of god I could not get him off. It was on Superman's chest at first, but after I came back from getting my phone to take pics he ended up on his head. It was really funny how he ended up giving Supes some bunny ears. I eventually pulled him off and out the window he flew.

I just thought I'd share it with you guys :biggrin:

supes1b.jpg

supes2b.jpg

supes3b.jpg

Yes it did glow...not sure what it was, just a freaky insect thing that really liked superman. I don't think I have ever seen a bug like it befire in my area. I have no idea how it got in, air vent maybe?

Ha! That is hilarious (and perfectly "festive" for the holiday)! I suspect that damn Luthor is behind this; crossing insect DNA with Kryptonite to finally defeat the son of Jor-El.

That bug is called a Green Lacewing. Very friendly. We have them in abundance here and they will fly up and land on you without fear.

Maybe it should be renamed the "Kryptonian Lacewing" because of it's love (and attachment) for Superman.

Ivan, you reminded me of a funny story. My friend has a young daughter, and awhile ago she had trouble sleeping. Then the next night she fell asleep early and when she woke up the next day, she was excited to tell her dad, "Ernesto came!" After some questions from her curious dad, it turns out she was talking about the butterfly from the Lunesta commercial! "Ernesto flew in the window and I fell asleep!"