UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Mates Money Cant Buy*

I was thinking about this earlier that there are now quite a few "Damn Hard To Get Mates" that werent "official" releases...

I've come up with:

Painted Production Prototypes (Some members have Marvel ones ( I should have :rolleyes: ), Jaycen has proto C3)

Test Shot Prototypes (Those groovy things Shane has, The ECCC ball head and parts tree things)

Boxed Prototypes (Kirbs magnificent Ozzy 4 pack)

Bombmates (100 little mates of joy)

AA MOTM Mate (4 for the winners and 2 protos)

Pure White Blank in wierd baggy (Dont know who has those although there are a few knocking about)

Oddities we shouldnt know of (Clear spidey and the like)

Have I missed any? Is anyone sitting on some other massively rare stuff?

Yeah, I think that covers it. I have hand painted protos, test shots of a couple characters and some very odd test-shot blanks. JL now has a couple in his collection.

Oh, and money can buy anything. I am convinced of it.

Its a good story, I'll let Kirbs share it with you :P

Oddly enough I just sent him an email a few days ago asking him about it.

Yeah, I think that covers it. I have hand painted protos, test shots of a couple characters and some very odd test-shot blanks. JL now has a couple in his collection.

Can we see some pics gentlemen?

• 3 weeks later...

What was the idea behind the round head? Was this a reference to something specific for the ECCC or just an idea that you had? Inquiring minds want to know.

You're right Aaron, please send me these sprues so I can appreciate them better! :D

Sure thing Danny, was there one in paticular that you wanted to see, or should I just send them all?

Aaron, thanks for posting pix...

Obviously Danny is trying to steal them away from you, if you send them to me then he wont knowI have them and they'll be safe :D;)

T.

Sure thing TBT, should I just send one to keep Danny guessing, or should I just send them all?

You're right Aaron, please send me these sprues so I can appreciate them better! :D

Sure thing Danny, was there one in paticular that you wanted to see, or should I just send them all?

Aaron, thanks for posting pix...

Obviously Danny is trying to steal them away from you, if you send them to me then he wont knowI have them and they'll be safe :D;)

T.

Sure thing TBT, should I just send one to keep Danny guessing, or should I just send them all?

LOL always the diplomat there Aaron :D

T.

The story of the Ozzy 'Mates (quick-and-dirty-because-I-don't-save-it-version):

Emerald City ComicCon '05 - almost ready to go home.

My brother points over to a booth and says "Hey, those guys have minimates."

"Yeah, but I already have those - URK" were my words.

I spotted them from about 20 feet away, amidst a sea of C3 sets. Some little beauties I had never seen before.

The price tag said $15 - I couldn't believe it. I almost felt bad as I was quickly gushing to the lady at the booth, but I handed over my $15 and they were mine! THEN I inquired more about their origin ;)

She directed me to my new friends at Silly Gooser (formerly Echo Base), and we had a little bit of discussion. He was surprised they were here for sale, but that was about it.

Feeling giddy, we continued our way out, but whilst checking out another booth, I was tapped on the shoulder. It was my new buddy ;)

He explained how these were prototypes and didn't want to get his friend in trouble for selling them. I can respect that. So I swore to silence...

But a couple months later, I got permission to share them ;)

These are really awesome. I have not the courage to fully release them yet, but they look factory-quality. They even come with the Puzzle Pieces! There is even the little insert promoting other AA stuff.

One of a kind, and all mine mine mine :P

Here is the pic: http://www.kirb.net/collection/graphics/05...n_ozzymates.jpg