UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boob help

Okay, so I thought it'd be awesome to have 2 minimate customs of the Mechacon girls, Jett and Zee. I was just wondering if yall had any opinions on the poieces to use, and specifically, how's faces to use or how to make them. I was thinking makybe FCBD mates (I'd have to get some more) with regular heads (figure out who) and repaint the White Queen's hair blue, and maybe Chun-Li's brown.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks? Any one want to try some control art before I take my brush out? :P

Not real familiar with these girls, though they do look pretty good. Don't suppose you have any full body source art to go by, do you? Based on what I saw though, I have to agree that getting your hands on white blanks would definitely prove helpful with starting you off. From there, it depends on how close to the source you want to go. While the old Emma Frost hair piece and the Chun Li hair piece would be good, a better choice would be modifying an Invisible Woman hair piece for one and sculpting pig tails onto the Chun Li hair for the other. Your other crossroad will be how to do the upper arm detail. Do you draw/paint it on or do you sculpt special shoulder pads for the ladies?

As far as faces though, you only have one choice: custom made. I don't think there's anything on the market that can be modded to work for their faces.

I was thinking about painting everything. The faces are what got me though. I was hoping something might be close, as I've never done faces before.

mechacon1.jpg

mechacon2.jpg

heavydrinker.jpg

Okay, after screwing around, here's what I've come up with.

FCBD bodies, Jett: Kitty head, WQ hair, Zee: Gwen head, Chun-li hair

They are the mascots created for the Mechacon convention, cosplayed by two girls there. I wanted to make figures of them for the convention (not to sell, just to display) I made some fairly nice quickies, but my mom just took my camera. <_<

Pics pics pics!

mech1.jpg

mech2.jpg

Kitty Pride head, with Kabuki hair and pink Chun-li torso

mech3.jpg

Gwen Stacy head with Chun-li torso and hair (need to trim off tab)

And a bonus. Rogue (with jacket) modern Mystique, and Nocturne

nocturne.jpg

issues with camera = not cool

Wow, I'm either fast or I wanted these done. As I was taking the pics, I realized that I needed to add the wrist guards. So these are all done but for the boobs and wrist guards.

mech6.jpg

mech7.jpg

mech8.jpg

So, any one know a good way to make boobs without screwing up?

The easiest way is to use a circle template. I've got several that have different sizes of circle and ovals. I use a pencil to trace the shape on the figure, then paint over the line.

Draw it out on a piece of paper. Draw little squares the size of a minimate chest piece and practice doodling your boobs and waists. Eventually you'll get comfortable enough to paint it on the real thing.

The easiest way is to use a circle template. I've got several that have different sizes of circle and ovals. I use a pencil to trace the shape on the figure, then paint over the line.

Not usre why I've never thought of the pencil idea.. simple and genius :)

T.

Not usre why I've never thought of the pencil idea.. simple and genius :)

T.

I think that's why he got his title. :P

btw, nice start there TM2Dinobot

That is a great idea. Any that you'd be willing to share?

The templates are just the flat plastic green things that you can pick up at Hobby Lobby or most craft stores. They're made for drafting, but come in really handy for about anything else.

• 2 weeks later...