UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

M + Y = Ady's???

The Vox

Umm, just out of interest, why is this topic in the DC section?

That's an easy one. Back in 1971, DC comics had a character named MY. MY wasn't a very big named character in the sense of Superman, Batman, and co. No, MY was what some people would call a D-lister. He couldn't even make Section 8. His powers were crap: the power of self reflection, and his costume was self-absorbed. Naturally, it didn't take MY long to fade into comic book oblivion.

So, obviously, Vox was just reflecting on the good ol' days of comics and characters past when he noticed the ol' switcheroo.

And, if it wasn't readily obvious, I have no idea why this thread is here and made all that crap up as a justifying argument.

Umm, just out of interest, why is this topic in the DC section?

That's an easy one. Back in 1971, DC comics had a character named MY. MY wasn't a very big named character in the sense of Superman, Batman, and co. No, MY was what some people would call a D-lister. He couldn't even make Section 8. His powers were crap: the power of self reflection, and his costume was self-absorbed. Naturally, it didn't take MY long to fade into comic book oblivion.

So, obviously, Vox was just reflecting on the good ol' days of comics and characters past when he noticed the ol' switcheroo.

And, if it wasn't readily obvious, I have no idea why this thread is here and made all that crap up as a justifying argument.

Sadly your point is moot DrgnRbrn, "MY" was wiped out of continuity with the great wipeout that was Inifinite crisis ;)

T.

I found MY's first issue at a collector shop and I was close to buying it but then I learned that during one of DC's many reconstructed histories, the character had been wiped out completely and didn't belong on any "earths". Since DC says he doesn't exist anymore and never did, i figured I had to believe it.. just like Wonder Woman never being part of the original JLA.. when history is rewritten you just have to go with it.

My, my, my.. I can't believe this topic went past April 1. :P