UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SM3 action figures

TM2 Dinobot

Debate: Marvel Vs Other Toys section. Marvel won out. Anyways, SM3 Toys launched today. I'm just wonder if any one has them yet? I got the Limited Edition Spiderman from Walmart a few weeks back (and early) and I'm looking for Venom. But honestly, just looking at the toys on the shelves, I am UNimpressed. Spiderman 3 toys SUCK! Super mondo huge suckage. I really want to know WTF is going on with hasbro. 1) the toys are out of scale. believe it or not, that pisses me off more then anything else. 2) the articulation sucks 3) the actual physical design for the toys are awful.

I don't know. I'm waiting for some one else to get them and post pics so I can figure out if I want them or not. I know off the top of my head the only ones I'm interested in are New Goblin, Sandman, shiny Venom, and Scorpion. The others are just awful.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm passing on all of them due to scale as well. Plus, the human heads are really bad.

I got the Limited Edition Spiderman from Walmart a few weeks back (and early) and I'm looking for Venom.

Man, I wish I knew about these earlier. Are they two in the 6" scale or 5" scale?

I'm waiting for some one else to get them and post pics so I can figure out if I want them or not. I know off the top of my head the only ones I'm interested in are New Goblin, Sandman, shiny Venom, and Scorpion.

Here's a link to some loose photos of a few of the figures.

http://www.pointsofarticulation.com/phpBB2...opic.php?t=2446

Some people incorrectly advertise the Wal-Mart exclusive Black Spidey as 6", but I saw a ton at Wal-Mart today, and they are most assuredly 5"... which is why I didn't buy one. (Whose dumbass idea was it at hasbro to make an entire line of toys for what is probably Marvel's biggest movie franchise out of scale with every toy we've collected for the past god knows how many years. (Since the 1st X-Men movie toys, whenever that was. Those were one of the 1st lines to make the jump to 6")

Yeah, shittiest figures on the market. I personally would have preferred(if they were going to jack with the scale) them to release a 3 3/4"- 4" line (like Marvel Showdown) than these "throw-back" to 90's figures if petroleum costs are their issue. It's bad when 2" stylized block-figures are trumping the reigning "king of toys'" best effort in articulation and expressionism; reason #36 to place your pre-orders for the SM3 Minimates!!

WHAT IS WITH HASBRO!!!!!! all of the new marvel figures have been awful!!!!!! and i even though i havnt seen the new SM3 figures in the flesh but iv seen them on the weband omg they look poo!!!!! i will not be buying them!!!!! but y do we think there so rubish is is....

1. cuz they are very good toy makers

2. cuz they havnt got the kit to make there figures good (highly dought it!!!!)

3. BECAUSE THERE JUST BEING GOD DAM LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I called my friend at Hasbro and asked WTF was going on. She told me essentially, even with jacking their prices up, the cost of oil has gone up enough to dictate less plastic. I told her I'm willing to pay $10 a figure, but it'd better be what I want.

The LE Black Spidey and Venom are just like the regular ones, but they have a metallic sheen to them. Hopefully Venom will actually be black, as I don't think I could live with that burple. The others I'm debating on are the New Goblin, SA Sandman, Scorpion and possibly the Lizard.

A\Lack of articulation, while annoying, I can live with. I suffered through it with Topybiz and I can do it with Hasbro. But if it's not in the same scale, I'm out. And what's weird is that MLs, Ghost Rider and Origins are all 6" scale. Why the change?

Hasbro Figures = :yucky:

Any Marvel figures they make are sucky. Annihilus/Planet Hulk have been the only ones that I've like to so far.

I mean come on, SM3 are 5" figs? WTF? You can't match them up with older SM Movie figs. :wallbash:

Hasbro = :down:

I'd collected Marvel Legends from Toybiz for several years prior to getting into minimates. I had a fairly complete collection, and was cautiously optimistic when it was announced that Hasbro was taking over the line. I mean when the DC animated figures switched from Hasbro to Mattel, Mattel managed to keep the scale and design close enough that the figures flowed well from one company to another. But when the first wave of Marvel Legends came out from Hasbro I didn't even bother buying one. I'd seen all I needed to see and decided to sell of my ML collection. I would rather not have them, then accept sub-par figures into my collection. So, sorry Hasbro, you've lost me as a customer. And now based upon the Spidey figures, it looks like I made the right choice.

Oh and one more rant while I'm at it: Why is Mattel now making the new DC animated characters so hard to find? Before case packs were fairly well balanced with old and new characters. But now all the 2007 case pack assortments are so heavily weighted down with "Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman" three packs that there is only enough room for 1 per case of the new character 3 packs. And on top of that several assortments are being released concurrent to one another which means shy of ordering several case packs online, my chances are slim to none of finding the figures I want. Thanks for driving yet another multiyear collection of mine down the tubes.

I actually prefer the 5-inch scale. Sure you don't get as much articulation as you can with a 6-inch figure, but it also takes up less space. I'm not a Marvel Legends collector and the few that I have are already overflowing the shelves. With the smaller figures, especially the smaller bulked up figures, you fit a couple more on the same sized shelf.

Like I said though, I'm not a Marvel Legends collector, so the difference in sizes doesn't really matter that much to me. In fact the last time that I collected Marvel action figures, they were 5-inches. So I may be a little prejudice.

I read somewhere on the net (can't remember what site) that Hasbro will scale all Marvel movie characters down to 5" from now on. So Spider-Man 3 is the fisrt soon to be followed by Fantastic Four 2. Now you're probably wondering why Ghost Rider toys were still at the 6" scale? Well, if you remember, GR was slated to come out last summer. But for reasons known only to the studio, the movie was pushed back till Feb '07. WEll Toybiz already had made all the GR toys and they were simply shelved until the movie came out and Hasbro but their name on all the merchandize. So get used to the 5" scale for all Marvel movie figures. All comic book characters will still be 6" tall.

They sold out like chocolate flavored crack and the 3 shopping centers i live by, But by looking at the pictures I wasn't so keen on the idea of buy Venom even though almost eveyone knows hes my fav. I defenitly hate the color. So im gonna save some more for the minimate version dang the minimate version looks so awesome!

They sold out like chocolate flavored crack and the 3 shopping centers i live by, But by looking at the pictures I wasn't so keen on the idea of buy Venom even though almost eveyone knows hes my fav. I defenitly hate the color. So im gonna save some more for the minimate version dang the minimate version looks so awesome!

You actually LIKE the minimate version of movie Venom? It looks like a horrible custom! Please tell me you're hoping the "final production" version looks 99% better than the prototype.

You actually LIKE the minimate version of movie Venom? It looks like a horrible custom! Please tell me you're hoping the "final production" version looks 99% better than the prototype.

Since the prototype WAS a hand-painted custom, the final will definitely be better.

Well, I called my friend at Hasbro and asked WTF was going on. She told me essentially, even with jacking their prices up, the cost of oil has gone up enough to dictate less plastic. I told her I'm willing to pay $10 a figure, but it'd better be what I want.
LOL thats a laugh, they use more plastic for the boxes then the figures. :tongue: This is a let down, they we're doing good at first with ghost rider. Especially the 12" one with the motor cycle. :sad: But now with spider-man 3 they have failed. I know this line it ment for kids but come on, why not at least a collectors line or some thing. The only things I like in this line is those plushies, the containers with the symbiot, sand, ect. :D Forget hasbro I'm pre-ordering my Spider-Man 3 mates! B)

Total let down, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Sometimes I find myself at target or even TRU and I look at all the toys and say to myself " these figure really blow, I wish they sold minimates." Although on a rare occasion I am tempted by star wars, really only clone troopers and bounty hunters and only when they have some crazy articulation. Really the best comic figure are minimates. I mean even ML has gone down.

Sorry I was kinda short on time, TBH yes i kinda did like the prototype venom, but i will like it even more once he is released because it will not be hand paninted.

I also found a Black Spiderman 3 Venom with a metallic finish so it says, but there is only one per every wal mart store yes 1, it made me sad, but anyways they are going for alot of money on ebay even more than ultimate venom which is even rarer. heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-3-WALMART-L...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah, I saw some of these today and have to say thank you Hasbro :thumbsup: I was wondering how I was going to be able to get all of the cool Minimates coming out and still have funds for the regular toylines I collect. Sorry, but I wish they would find a way to balance the Marvel lines to appeal to both kids and collectors. While I love the Star Wars stuff, it doesn't mean it will work with every line. Hasbro should have looked real hard at the toy aisles when Mattel tried a similiar move with their Batman and Superman Return movie lines :confused:

Sorry I was kinda short on time, TBH yes i kinda did like the prototype venom, but i will like it even more once he is released because it will not be hand paninted.

I also found a Black Spiderman 3 Venom with a metallic finish so it says, but there is only one per every wal mart store yes 1, it made me sad, but anyways they are going for alot of money on ebay even more than ultimate venom which is even rarer. heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-3-WALMART-L...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep, that's the one I'm looking for. I need to find one of those.

I got New Goblin. I might post a review later. I wouldn't have gotten him, but he was $5 at target. I can honestly NOT recommend him to any one. He is CRAAAAAP, and he's one of the better ones.

Ya nvm about the SM3 venom, I liked how he looked from a distance on the DST site , with the pic of series 17 next to 18, but when I went to see him on the preorder page , and saw him standin next to other mates, he looked very bad. But i wont lose hope, we still gotta alota of time before they are released so they might fix him up.