UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT

Knowing the movie was PG I wasn't sure how the movie was going to be. My mind was blown away with the visuals and the story wasn't bad. It brought me back to the times when I was in first grade playing with my Ninja Turtles with my friends. Well I must say that this movie definetly doesn't disappoint. I really hope they make another one. Anyone else see this movie yet?

I caught a showing of TMNT on tuesday... my feelings were mixed when I walked out of the theater.

It handled the property more seriously/grown up than either of the cartoons did, but there was still an element of cartoony/cheesy/corny writing that it definitely could have done without.

The visuals were hit and miss at times... the misses were mainly with the human characters (though for the most part, the turtles themselves *and the monsters and foot clan* looked great) ... the biggest strength of this movie was its fight scenes, and when this movie shines - it shines. The rooftop fight scene in the rain was definitely the visual highlight of the whole experience.

Overall, this is definitely a movie aimed at two audiences - the young adults who grew up with and loved the original series, and the elementary-aged kids who are growing up with the newest installment of the Ninja Turtles franchise. That is what makes this movie good (not bad, not great... but good). If it were aimed solely at the current generation, it would be too cartoony/childish for us old school fans. But if it were aimed at our generation and not the kids' generation, it would probably end up more like the original 1990 movie and have a tendency to lose the interest of the younger audience. So they went for a balance between the two.

All in all, I loved it for what it was... but then, I pretty much went into it expecting it to disappoint me, so all that was left was for me to enjoy it :tongue: