UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Minimates are here, but where's BSG?

Hi all,

I just got a bunch of minimates of the new X3 and DC wave 2. Is it me or is it very hard to find the BSG minimates at comic stores? It seems that they are very expensive as well.

Can someone shed some light on how much these minimates should cost, and which are the variants? I am not a follower of the BSG story line.

Wave ones varient is the planet Kobol version of six, wave twos is either Caprica six or Gina, (Good stuff if you like six ;) ) I think the retail price is $6.99. Being here in England, I ordered my bsg mates of ebay fer £20 including shipping but no varient, which is reasonable for England

BSG is just not as commonly ordered as Marvel/DC. Some stores just won't order them unless you get a case.

I'm from chi-town as you are and I got them last week.

I believe some shops have been able to order BSG/DC after release, but I could be wrong.

well here in AZ NO one has gotten any bsg minimates. I have called 3 stores 2 in phoenix and one here in tucson all have ordered the BSG mates but noen have reseved them yet. my LCS has called dimond and they keep telling him they are not out yet. sure it has been almost a month since these came out but still none in AZ. so really the answer is... no one knows.

BSG is just not as commonly ordered as Marvel/DC. Some stores just won't order them unless you get a case.

I'm from chi-town as you are and I got them last week.

I believe some shops have been able to order BSG/DC after release, but I could be wrong.

So Six is the rare BSG figure, good to know. It's too bad that they are so hard to find.

Thanks for the info guys. I work in Chicago by the Loop, which store did you get your's from Amazing JL?

Well, I've been getting all my 'Mates this year from Graham Cracker Comics in St. Charles. Guys are really cool, even if they don't get the variants for me :sad:

Call the GCC downtown, and have them call the SC store for a transfer. I got the last ones last week, but there were some more sitting there today when I got DC Wave 2.

Oh, and $8.99, same as Marvel. DC are $7.99... Man, no variants, and low price, go DCD!!!

Yeah I'd try Tenime_art's suggestion. I used to buy some minimates from the downtown GCC store cause I work about 3 blocks away, but they stopped getting them in. It's on Madison & Michigan. See if they can transfer some over.

I get my minimates from various sources. You might want to give brainstorm a call, they are by North & Ashland, not too far from downtown. They may have a non-variant set left.

Finally broke down and bought a set off ebay. I got all 4 2-packs including the variant figure for $49.95.

Was this a good deal?

I see alot of 2-pack BSG figures on ebay go for like 15.00 each after shipping/handling. What I really wanted was a bunch of Apollos and Starbucks to make an army of Sheild Regristration Agents. When I tried going to my local Graham Crackers they didn't even order any BSG in.

On the DCD mates at least, you're correct. My LCS sold out of wave 1 the 1st day they were released. They ordered and received another 2 cases and got them at the same time as wave 2's initial release.

As to BSG, I haven't seen them at all in my area so I don't know how easy they are to order.

HAR - Personally, I think you overpaid a bit on the ebay stuff. Stuckakid has series 1 minus the variant for $20.99. Generally their prices including the variant are around the $30.00-ish range - most times they sell out as preorders though. Right now I've got all the DC waves, Rocky, Avengers and Spidey waves on preorder from them. I've been extremely happy with how I've gotten DC waves 1 & 2. They're well packed and quick to ship. I get them usually a few days after the LCS gets them and for less $$ than I'd pay locally.

Finally broke down and bought a set off ebay. I got all 4 2-packs including the variant figure for $49.95.

Was this a good deal?

Shouldn't you have asked that question before hitting the Buy It Now button? :) (I'm not one to talk though. I've had "Poor Impulse Control" tattooed on my forehead for quite some time.)

If anyone is still looking for these, you might want to check out your local f.y.e. (if you've got one) I spotted a fresh case of these at my store last night. The price was $9.99 per two-pack, which is a little steep but you save shipping. I'd imagine that if your store got Cylons in, they will probably get these as well.

• 2 weeks later...