UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Star Trek"

^^^Yes I agree. I think it's funny whe fans are getting blamed for not being excited over this project (like we can help how we feel) by fans who are overexcited by it. While they cite a lack of knowledge to be depressed about, that also goes for the happy campers.

My feeling is that this movie has fallen into some kind of developmental hell. There's a lot of talk, but no discernable action. How the hell can anyone be booking soundstages over at Paramount for May when they don't even have a cast?

I read the article finally and I came away quite pleased. The movie is long aways from being released 1 3/4 years. I didn't expect there to be much info about the Trek Movie. From this point, I'd rather not know anything more about what the story will be. When finally watching it, I'll let it stand on it's own and not compare it to any Trek of before. I like having JJ Abrams and staff on this and I believe that it will be different. More action will make it more exciting for a broader audience. I really do hope this movie brings Trek to being new and good again.

I've seen movies go through the development process before and this one hasn't hit any of the usual brick walls yet. If anything it's maintaining its stride. The script has been approved, it's got a greenlight from the studio AND a release date. Shooting is scheduled for this fall.

I'm all for a lot of brainstorming, especially on a show like this. I'd be far more concerned if it was being rushed. I really don't expect the producers to allow the fans to be flies on the wall for every little decision. They've got to redesign the future, from sets to wardrobe, before filming can begin. There's a lot of pre-production work to be done. I'm sure we won't see a design for the Enterprise until it's finalized. That will likely be the single biggest announcement outside of casting.

Again, I'm not without my concerns, and I could let those concerns undermine my enthusiasm for this project, but the fact that Paramount is finally giving fresh blood carte blanche to offer a reimagining has me brimming with hope. And hope is what Star Trek is all about.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow. Maybe this IS a reimagining. Show me the Enterprise and I'll know for sure.

This is going to be huge. There is no way to make all Trek fans happy with the ship, be there are several ways to piss most of them off.