UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell!

Jatta Pake

I was quietly reading a digital comic book at lunch when I decided to check the local news. Oh. My. God.

I am SO glad I've waited to buy a house here in Los Angeles. I've been watching prices plunge for six months, believing that the economy was going to unravel due to the local housing bubbles on the coasts. I think the market is starting to show some of the doom predicted by a slew of sky is falling economists.

I wonder what will happen? The Midwest is immune (in my opinion) but us coasters are going to get hosed during this coming recession. Watch out!

Yeah new housing prices, ANY new construction is down big time as well as manufacturing. Well actually New commercial construction is up a bit. The company I work for manufactures nails, staples, and constructon tools. Can you say "Monster.com"? :(

About how much were prices in the west coast. I think any city property is high priced. By me a single family home in the city around a not so bad neighborhood goes for 300K(Crap) - 400K(Somewhat decent). The market has skyrocketed the value of homes excessively in the last decade. :( What's actually happening in chicago is all the rich folks are buying the city property to push the poor people out more. This also has made the middle class move out to the burbs farther away. Not to mention condos taking over.

About how much were prices in the west coast. I think any city property is high priced. By me a single family home in the city around a not so bad neighborhood goes for 300K(Crap) - 400K(Somewhat decent). The market has skyrocketed the value of homes excessively in the last decade. :( What's actually happening in chicago is all the rich folks are buying the city property to push the poor people out more. This also has made the middle class move out to the burbs farther away. Not to mention condos taking over.

Well my house here in California, the Bay Area was $650,000. It is a 980 sq. ft. house built in 1947. The house needed major work, and we spent probably around $50,000 over the past two and a half years fixing nearly everything... new plumbing, wiring, sheetrock, painting, siding, insulation, and refinishing the hardwood floors.

A small one bedroom flat costs around $450,000.
That's precisely what it is around here in Portland, Oregon. $450,000 for a single bedroom. It's why I'm trapped in my house; I've never moved, there's no where to go! :lol::mellow::confused:

That's precisely what it is around here in Portland, Oregon. $450,000 for a single bedroom. It's why I'm trapped in my house; I've never moved, there's no where to go! :lol::mellow::confused:

You're either joking, or wrong :P

Pre-Katrina, I bought my 2300SQF house out of a divorce settlement for the meagher $220K. I've put a lot of work into the house, but mainly to make it my own. POST-KATRINA: Because my neighborhood did not flood, early estimates on the local housing market crunch put the value of my home around $400K. Prices have since come down somewhat, but still hover well over what I paid.

There are parts of the country where I can buy a house just with the money I paid in interest in the last year on my house. But along the same lines, my house has also appreciated a lot over the past two and a half years of owning. It is a decision that has to be made of pay a little and sell for a little, or pay a lot and make a lot. but, it really doesn't matter if you don't ever want to move anyway.

A decent house in the suburbs in San Diego California is well over 1 million dollars. As for Condiminiums my family just purchased ours for 300,000 dlrs and it isn't really that big 3 rooms 2 1/2 bath.

You're either joking, or wrong :P
Well, I meant $450,000 for a single bedroom HOUSE, not just a single bedroom :P --and it's just my neighborhood I'm talking about (not a mansion hill neighborhood, just a neighborhood).