UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where'd the trekkies end up?

bluesparrow

I realize some of you disliked them as a group, as individuals, whatever, but I kind of miss discussing the AA/DST TNG product with fans. I'm not really willing to go searching Trek forums for them but anyone know if there's one particular one where they ended up? Or are they still homeless?

I realize some of you disliked them as a group, as individuals, whatever, but I kind of miss discussing the AA/DST TNG product with fans. I'm not really willing to go searching Trek forums for them but anyone know if there's one particular one where they ended up? Or are they still homeless?

I think Ady still talks to some of them, my guess would be to try trekunited, wasn't that Tim's (picard) trek place? - didn't jules get to be mod there or something?

As for hating them, nah individualy they are decent folks it was the "my trek is better than yours..." and this $30 toy isn't screen acurate like a $300 sideshow piece that lacked endearment :)

If you find them tell em we say hi :)

T.

I didn't dislike ANY of them, but the bickering and heated debate over who is a better fictitious starship captain on a fictitious sci-fi show, got real old, real fast.

Hell, I like Star Trek, but if you try to get beyond the fact that it was a cool TV show with me, I will pretend you suddenly exploded.

Definitely colorful characters but I for one am glad that this board is Trek-free. "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans" - that's how I've always felt about Trek and Trekkies/Trekkers.

I didn't dislike ANY of them, but the bickering and heated debate over who is a better fictitious starship captain on a fictitious sci-fi show, got real old, real fast.

Exactly. 'Cause it's Picard. :P

Hi, before I end up having to change to Morethanonetimeonly and setting up my avatar, I just wanted to say that I've been really touched by your kind words about us trekkers, and your concern that we're homeless.....

**puts down heavy bags ** :P (Kidding!)

Seriously though, I've seen a few familiar faces fetch up at Trekunited and at fwoosh, and it looks like the Trekkers have mainly decided to divide their interests and talk hardcore toyz at fwoosh, and slug it out in glorious Trekker style at TU and other Trek BBs...for which the good folks at fwoosh will be more than happy about! I think poor old ST:E is still feeling a little disorientated, but he'll be fine in time I'm sure. Even Berns has popped up to say hello, but he has a good part to provide voice~overs for, so he tells me, and (ulp!) a new site with buttons that (he thinks) look like digital watches..... :blink:

Me, I'm a mod over at Tim's new project at the link provided above..so, please do feel free to talk Trek (if you can bear it) or general sci-fi over there because our discussions cover a very wide range of cult shows and is a pretty creative place too.

I will be keeping in contact with Ady to make sure that the all the various refugees find a new home (if not an asylum! :P ).

Big hugz for now

JulesXX

^^Aw thanks! I've been exchanging PMs here with Ady so that we can scoop up all the guys and get them new homes, and I've had an invite to partcipate here in the Arms ~ since I own, like, about 3 minimates so couldn't really call myself a serious collector!!

Dang! I shoulda called myself something else!

Anyway, it's been fabulous linking up with members of the community...the community lives..long live the community...however scattered we may be!!