UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LOST INaction figures & dioramas by McFarlane

Jad

So, is anyone collecting these? I've seen them in Toys R' Us and was very impressed, but haven't bought any. Just dont' have the extra dough or shelf space for all those characters.

On the other hand, I am really interested in the Hatch diorama, as an environment for my Minimates. Does anyone know if the figures are removable? I think I read somewhere that the figures are 2" tall? That would work out great with 'mates!

**Edit - I changed the title to reflect their lack of articulation! **

Could we not call these "action figures?" It's insulting to toys that are more than little plastic statues. :tongue:

Yes, the hatch base is wonderful but I don't think the scale is right for 2-inch mates. I tend to pick up McFarlane-esque stuff on clearance, toss the figures and substitute others. Instant dioramas are cool.

McFarlane hasn't made actual action figures since the '90s...

I preordered mine here. $125 for the whole set (including the box set) after shipping. It's not bad when you break it down individually.

Believe me, this is coming from someone who barely ever has any money, and hates justifying spending too much on too few items...

My friend, who's also a huge LOST fan, didn't want them. At first. Then, he saw mine displayed on my shelf. Now, he's salivating over his bank account until it grows to enough for him to get them.

If you'd like pictures (to make your decision either way), just let me know...

Well, I've seen plenty of photos of the hatch diorama. What I really want to know is if it's easy to remove the figures from the hatch diorama, and if you do, then does it look cool with Minimates there instead? Many thanks!

The second diorama is supposed to be the crash of flight 815 from the opening scene. I can't wait to see pics of it!

Neither can I!! I know as soon as I see prelim' pics of it, I'm gonna start making LOST 'Mates!!

I haven't tried the whole "'Mates on the bases" thing, because when I got them in the mail, I was just so excited to get them, I put them all on their bases (though, look at my "custom" of Demolition Man in my Customs thread...he's on Jack's base!!).

But...being McFarlane...things aren't "easy". I bruised my hands, and had to stand on Shannon (in socks, not shoes!) to get her on her base (which is a shame, because they did a good job sculpting her...back). I suppose you could always carefully cut her pegs off, and sand the cuts smooth, so she just rests there. Then you could just lift her off of it. I tried to take Jack off to take the D-Man pic, but with all the tiny, thin pieces of shrapnel at his feet, and McFarlane's products known for snapping, I didn't want to chance it. Kate's bamboo stalks were a pain in the @$$ as well.