UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sorry if this question has been asked before.....

Blizzardfury

Yeah, I think most of the masked figures in the DC line work about the same as the J Jonah Jameson mask for Chameleon in the Marvel line. You get one face on top and another underneath. Personally, I preferred the old style that gave the figure a layered look, but to each their own.

Yeah, I think most of the masked figures in the DC line work about the same as the J Jonah Jameson mask for Chameleon in the Marvel line. You get one face on top and another underneath. Personally, I preferred the old style that gave the figure a layered look, but to each their own.

Tru Dat!!! when u look at him from the sidehe has no protruding nose!!! it just looks odd to me, but o well u can always get wat u want!!! :batmanblue:

Actually, I prefer the new way, for a few reason.

First, on the nose issue above, no Minimate has a nose. Seriously, I like the fact that now Batman shares a more stylized look like all the rest of the Minis.

Secondly, and more important, is the fact that is looks TONS better. Honestly, he looks like a bad a. I agree that the layered look is nice for accuracy since he is technically wearing a mask. However, I would make the argument that the C3 minimates looked just dang goofy. The oversized mask cover his mouth a lot of times and it just looked out of place. Here you get a classic, butt kicking face for Batman that looks more comic accurate than anything before it.

Lastly, the potential for "under the mask" faces. No longer are we limited to Angry/Mean face Bruce. We have the potential to have a very angry Batman but a very suave Bruce with just the addition of hair. And, on top of that, we'll get multiple Bruce Faces that came be custom fodder for any number of other people.

This are only my thoughts. In fact, we haven't even confirmed that there is a face under the mask. In that case I would probably change my tune a little. However, I do believe that the Print on mask is must better and cooler if for the only reason because it's more comic accurate. neo

Sure, here is what I'm talking about.

First, these are 2 Batman Figures from the C3 line:

batman1pr2.png

batman2us0.png

Now, these are the new "Printed On Masks" from the DC Series 1:

batman4yh4.jpg

Again, I just think the new Batman looks more like Batman and the C3 figures look more like George Clooney trying to be Batman. But, that's my opinion :D. neo

Personally, I think the new look just makes them look like they have fat heads. While looking at him from the front, it isn't noticeable, but look at it from an angle and his head looks a good 1/8" wider than the average minimate head. If they could have made it a little more indented like the face plate of Iron Man's helmet, I'd have liked it better. In fact, that would have been the best way to go, as you keep the layered look so the mask doesn't look painted on, plus you get the ability to have alternate faces.

But one argument for the old style mask: cutting errors. Remember how Silver Centurion's helmet didn't cover up his head? If the same type error ever hits the painted on face masks, then ol' Brucie's going to have a double chin.

According to these pictures it at least looks like Battle-damaged Batman and Deathstroke get a face underneath. Interestingly, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle seem to have the old-style removable mask because of the clear goggles.

Personally, I like both styles, I'll have to wait until I get them until I decide which I prefer.

Sure, here is what I'm talking about.

First, these are 2 Batman Figures from the C3 line:

batman1pr2.png

batman2us0.png

Now, these are the new "Printed On Masks" from the DC Series 1:

batman4yh4.jpg

Again, I just think the new Batman looks more like Batman and the C3 figures look more like George Clooney trying to be Batman. But, that's my opinion :D. neo

sry i meant like the pic Graham has sry if i wasnt clear

Being newer to the scene, I don't know, but has any MM ever been made with a removable mask, but nothing underneath? I have not run across any in my collection. I would not imagine that they would do that to us.

It is cool to think thought that with these new DC MM, we may just get the two faces of Batman. Nobody wants to see Batman smile, he is not supposed to be cute for goodness sakes. But at the same time, we don't necessarily want to see Bruce frowning. There are going to be lots of new DC girls for him to mack on, so he cannot always be frowning.

Being newer to the scene, I don't know, but has any MM ever been made with a removable mask, but nothing underneath? I have not run across any in my collection. I would not imagine that they would do that to us.

All the Batmen from the C3 line had faces underneath, even those with full masks like stealth and battle armour. Also Batgirl from the miniflyers.

Cut faced thing from marvel wave 8 had a full face even though he came with a full mask.

One of the benefits of having my collection displayed over my desk is quick reference. ;)

EDIT: Oh and DOH.... all the ironmen ;)

EDIT2: and the JJJ/Chamelion variant

EDIT3: so the answer to the actual question is no ;) LOL, that'll teach me to not read the smallprint :D

EDIT4: actually the Cylons dont have faces under the masks does that count?

T.

It would kinda suck if you took off Batmans mask and his face was gone... Just imagine..

Bruce Wayne: WHERE DID I PUT MY FACE!!!

Alfred: Sir if your head wasnt screwed on youd lose it.. correction , if your face wasnt screwed on youd lose it. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

*Bruce kicks Alfred in the gut*

Let's not forget Harley Quinn. That looks like a mask to me--what about you guys? I assumed she'd have a generic red head underneath. If indeed that is a mask. If it isn't, it's a new head sculpt, which to me is as bad as giving a minimate a nose.