UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Marvel Zombies Minimates

Shanester

The Marvel Zombies Minimates Poll  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will I buy Marvel Zombies?

• Yes, I will buy a set.
    • Hell yes! I will buy multiple sets!
    • I want them, but a restriction will keep me from buying.
    • I haven't decided.
    • No way. Not for me.

After seeing the very mixed responses to the Marvel Zombies minimates, I wanted to run this poll to gauge interest.

I for one am STOKED to see these Marvel Zombies minimates. Plus, if nothing else, it totally reaffirms to me that DST is watching the latest comic story lines and stepping up to meet the popular ones like New Avengers, Civil War and MARVEL ZOMBIES (a personal favorite). Still waiting on Planet Hulk , though (hint, hint).

Now, I can see where the subject matter may not be for everyone. The decomposition and zombie-eating-flesh-action of the comics, can be a bit much for some. I think someone mentioned that they wouldn't have the zombie minimates around their 5 year old child. I can totally relate to that as 5 is a youngster. My youngest son is 10 and I don't think I'll let him read the comic yet, but the minis are ok for his age. He knows they are "not for real". I chose not to pre-order the Spidey/MJ statue for the same reason. Its a bit too realistic for my son and portrays one of their heroes as a zombie (he freaked out over the Black Christmas movie/ Santa axe-murderer thing).

So, where do you stand on this issue? I am buying MULTIPLE sets and hope to see more Marvel Zombies!

Thanks DST!

I haven't read the comics (or any recent comics, for that matter) but I'm looking forward to finding it. You can't go wrong with zombies in my book; Shaun of the Dead is required watching every Halloween in my household. Put me down for one set!

I'll be buying a set, but I'd rather see new characters and not zombie versions of the same repeats.

I really enjoyed the story and I really think these look great.

But I'm not going to start supporting "the line" if I'm not getting stuff I want.

And this line is just cashing in on the current popularity of the series. Which is fine and good. Except that there's also a X3 line and a Ghost Rider line and a Spider-Man line, all to cash in on the currentness of those films.

I don't want that. I want characters that I'm a fan of. Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, Namor, Hercules and so forth. Series 16 looks great. But I fear that 17 is going to be, to me, taking another step back if it's more of the same like what's been seen at Toyfare.

If I have some extra $$$ when they hit the shelves, I'll buy one, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get them.

If I have some extra $$$ when they hit the shelves, I'll buy one, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get them.

I have the same feeling about this, I'd rather have a cleaned up version of that hulk with new hair and chest, and the same for wolverine, with that new mask, and torso.

I'll end up getting them though, I can put them in my graveyard/halloween if nothing else

A huge Zombie Giant-Man would be awesome, but I imagine it would have to be a custom...

It would be cool to get more from the series, like Black Panther sans arm & leg, Black Panther after Forge fixes him up, Zombie Iron Man, Zombie Hawkeye, Zombie Daredevil with a hole in his chest, etc.

I will buy them just on the fact of how different they are. These little guys are gross, and missing parts, and bloody. At the same time, they look to be very well detailed, and would be fun to have in strategic places around the house.

"Sorry Honey, those darn zombies wandered into the bathroom again."

This set is a little on the gross side. I was never much for zombies to begin with, and I don't know how I feel seeing undead version of some of my most beloved super heroes. That being side they do look rather cool in the way they are being implemented.

I think Marvel is going Zombie crazy at the moment, and I see the pandering to the latest and (IMO not) greatest as a disservice to classic characters more deserving of being mated. The set will fill the same spot as X-men stuff, buying it out of a sense of completeness but no interest in actual subject matter.

No big thing, just another sign that I am increasingly out of step with Marvel's output