UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2007 BSG & 24 Mates Pics

I'm disappointed that I like the 24 'mates better than Galactica, but Jack looks :blink:

Sorry, but I'm just baffled at Gaius, Adama, Kara, Tyrol, and Tigh. (from previous photos) The Cylons look to be the clear winners of best BSG 'mates. I really hope things change before production (like Baltar's RED eyes and whatnot), but I doubt since they were supposedly being produced in November. :(

With a David Palmer/Dennis Haysbert figure, my Speed Racer Minimate will finally be able to buy auto insurance.

As a fan of both 24 and BSG, I'll take anything I get, however it looks. And isn't it funny that Minimates don't discriminate with the female figures? Most lines seem to avoid having to many women, yet think of all the new women mates we'll see this year.

A Nina Myers minimate & A Dennis Hopper minimate how cool is that :D

Not quite. Hopper played Victor Drazen, and we're getting Andre Drazen. How I wish we were getting Victor, but Andre is fine as well.

I am loving the Nina Myers Minimate, theough. :-)

Doh! .. it still kinda looks like him ;)

Ok so it's been a while since I saw series 1.

T.

while i'm not a fan of 24, they do look pretty good and theres quite a bit of custom potential too.

HOLY COW, THANKS FOR THE PICS!!

I have been a fan of Minimates since I bought my first Daredevil/Kingpin 2-pack. However, never have I been more excited than this year. Not only do we have some good Marvel Waves, but we have the new, AWESOME DC waves, and BSG and now 24. 24 is my all time favorite tv show. I own all 5 seasons. While I'm glad they are starting with Season 1, I only hope I don't have to wait years for them to catch up. I hope they release the 24 mates pretty frequent, but either way I will be buy everyone they make. The BSG also look pretty cool. I've never watched the show, either of them, so I'm just going by the figures, but I love them so far and those Modern Cylon things look AWESOME. Anyway, DTS/DCD/AA have really raised the bar this year, it's going to be the year of the mate. I can't wait to see what else Toy Fair brings. neo

Am so happy to see the 24 minimates, but Jack dusn't look right in my own opinion, all the other characters are spot on otherwise. I haven't watched BSG but those mates look cool, but is that cigar molded as part of the hand, strange decision considerin clobberin time thing had a seperate cigar.

B)-->

QUOTE(O.B @ Feb 9 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am so happy to see the 24 minimates, but Jack dusn't look right in my own opinion, all the other characters are spot on otherwise. I haven't watched BSG but those mates look cool, but is that cigar molded as part of the hand, strange decision considerin clobberin time thing had a seperate cigar.

I think the thing that's odd with Jack is that his face in real life is very 'skinny' where as all minimate heads are the same width.

The more I look at it the less odd it looks to me, maybe they could make it 10% wider but anymore than that and he would look strange.

T.

I will buy them all. Because they're minimates. It's what I do.

But I'm not particularly excited about any of these, mainly from the personal point that I will not be experiencing any of these line's liscences. I don't watch 24. And I'm not allowed to, I don't think. I don't think I'll be able to see Ghost Rider (much to my chagrin, but "PG-13: Horror Action Violence" isn't my type of movie anyway). And I'm not allowed to see the new Battlestar Galactica (I think, but I've never asked). This was not meant as a tirade on how restrictive my parents are, I'm just saying these liscences seem to be a tiny bit narrow-scope. But that's just me.