UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Just So You Are Aware....

We've created a monster... a bandwidth monster!

The site *might* vanish later this month until the start of Feb... hopefully it wont but we're skirting dangerously close to our bandwidth limit, and are kinda locked into a contract for a few more months so cant up it without nuts fees... I am looking at moving the whole thing to another server but that takes time and cash, so please be dont panic if the site goes a little wonky...

*grumbles at 120,448 hits on average each day* :P

Really never expected the site to take off this well, heck we're even mid front page on Google now... things are good and this place has grown beyond my wildest dreams, please bear with me during this little transitionary period until I get some uber server sorted...

(apologies also for any PMs ive either not responded to, or sent short replies to, things are nuts here)

Would it help to delete some stuff? I know I have created threads asking for help on items that really do not add to the general good karma of the place. Also, I can clean out some of my old PMs.

A little housecleaning can sometimes make a big difference.

Lets vote some people off the island. Er...I mean Multiverse... :P

I say we vote Timbo off, because all he does is sit around naked while the rest of us are trying to fashion a canoe out of a log of melted down minimates.

It's true, I'm naked as I type this.... :pinch: How does it feel that all I have to do is sit around in my birthday suit and you guys are working your asses off and I'm still still here :D LOL

Back on topic, that's great "bad news" Ady, as everyone here says, let me know what I can do to help ( if anything.)

T.

p.s. Of course this thread creates more traffic itself and there for furthers the potential problem ;)

Lol by no means stop visisting, I dont want people to panic.

This thread is more just a pre-emptive warning incase we vanish for the last day in January... our traffic has been steadily rising each month but its somehow taken me a little off guard...

All will be fine, dont worry, last thing I want is threads getting removed or people stopping posting!

Lets vote some people off the island. Er...I mean Multiverse... :P

I say we vote Timbo off, because all he does is sit around naked while the rest of us are trying to fashion a canoe out of a log of melted down minimates.

It's true, I'm naked as I type this.... :pinch: How does it feel that all I have to do is sit around in my birthday suit and you guys are working your asses off and I'm still still here :D LOL

Back on topic, that's great "bad news" Ady, as everyone here says, let me know what I can do to help ( if anything.)

T.

p.s. Of course this thread creates more traffic itself and there for furthers the potential problem ;)

LOL

Well, apologies and congratulations Ady, your a hit and so is your site. Worse case scenerio, the forum goes down for a bit and we all hangout at Danny's place for a bit :biggrin:

AAAAAAaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

GOSH DARN YOU, Shanester! I visited the touring "Bodies Exhibition", watched all the splatter flicks I could rent, and helped muck out cages at the zoo and almost, almost erased that image from my mind. Stop re-posting it!

:D Congratulations, Ady and Divebomb! I suspect being part of the Wave 16 reveal may have helped boost your standing? Now I'm off to find that "donate" button....

Ironic don't you think... a site dedicated for small toys is getting too big for itself.

I am glad to see this site grow, just in the little while I have been on here. I for one am happy to see this happening, so I don't get into a new hobby just as it fizzles out. That would really stink.