UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1 year later

OK, the 1 Year Later storylines came out about 2 months ago (even though Infinite Crisis ended a few weeks ago) so what is your favorite new storyline. For mine I would have to say either Robin or Batman since I'm a Bat-fanatic. For favorite new storyline I would have to say Blue Beetle, I likethe whole story and how he's just starting out, learning to use his powers, and trying to figure out what has happened for the last year with his friends and family. What do you guys think?

Superboy.. or the lack thereof is my favourite 1yr later story... the character sucked!

lol.. ok.. so that was a bit harsh but come on the dude wore jeans and T-shirt as a costume... :P

So far my favourite is the reintroduction of ( don'topen the spoiler if you are following 52 and don't want to know something that happens down the line.)

Batwoman, yep Kathy Kane is back! - I'm not sure if this a totally fresh persona or if she was rejiggled into continuity by the evens of Inf.Crisis causing 'ripples' still, but it's going to be interesting an one to watch.

T.

What I dislike most about OYL is that they have already messed up continuity.

Bats, Nightwing and Robin left at the end of IC#7 to go around the world, but according to the latest Batman issue he spent a month training Harvey...

I might sound like an uber geek but messed continuity really annoys me...

(Im looking at you Nick Fury)

I don't really "get it"... The only book I've gotten is Supergirl, and it's just weird. I feel like I haven't been reading the book for awhile...

I don't really "get it"... The only book I've gotten is Supergirl, and it's just weird. I feel like I haven't been reading the book for awhile...

Lol it's the one year later thing.. you're suppsoed to feel like you've missed a year... :P

T.

Apart from 52 the only DC books I'm currently reading are Justice League Unlimited and Green Arrow. JLU obviously has nowt to do with regular DC continuity while Green Arrow has blown me away. It's been a great book right from the start. Kevin Smith did a great job of bringing Ollie Queen back from the dead but the writers who followed smith have all done a great job (apart from Ben Raab, who should have his typing fingers cut off with rusty scissors) I get the feeling not many people read GA? Give it a try he's a great character in the mould of Batman (no Powers) but he's got a wicked sense of humour and a great moral streak too. And as for what he does to Deathstroke... :D

yeah, totally agree that GA is rocking at the mo. and has been a pretty good run since Oli came back... I never thought I'd say it but I think Oli has been a better character than Hal since they came back & I used to love Green Lantern and prey for the day they brought him back.

T.

Superboy.. or the lack thereof is my favourite 1yr later story... the character sucked!

lol.. ok.. so that was a bit harsh but come on the dude wore jeans and T-shirt as a costume... :P

Aw man, I really liked him. I liked the duality of him and the way he struggled with the legacy of Superman.

I was gutted that they killed him off, but it did make for a great story. I just hope they don't bring him back now.

So far my favourite is the reintroduction of ( don'topen the spoiler if you are following 52 and don't want to know something that happens down the line.)

Batwoman, yep Kathy Kane is back! - I'm not sure if this a totally fresh persona or if she was rejiggled into continuity by the evens of Inf.Crisis causing 'ripples' still, but it's going to be interesting an one to watch.

T.

The return of Batwoman has made news over here. Both the BBC news website and the Grauniad have reported on it. Mainly because the new Kathy Kane is said to drink from the furry cup and the media does love a bit of lipstick lesbianism

:D

The Green Lantern story doesn't make sense, I mean:

The new GL's are figuring out that GL was the reason the Corps got destroyed in the first place, so their pretty pissd off, meanwhile Sinestro is starting his own Corps. Back on Earth a ship falls to Earth and inside is Tomar-Re and hes pretty banged up. After Hal brings him back to OA and some tough looking GL starts a fight with Hal but it is broken up, then Hal and Guy decide to look for where Tomar-Re's ship came from so they follow his ships flight pattern to a forbidden area where they find a bunch of Green Lanterns chained with their power rings gone. Then all of a sudden the Cyborg Superman pops up with all the rings.

That does'nt even begin to make sense, it's jumping from one thing to another. :angry:

I still don't get this '1 year later' thing *SIGH*...

Did you read Infinite Crisis? If you did it should make a little, plus every hero (or at laset mostly all of them) have been gone for a year and now their back in short.

Because of the new Dc Minimates I've got into some DC comics. I read "Countdown to Infinite Crisis" and one issue of "Infinte Crisis". Thaks for explaining it to me SD! :D:):D:):D:)