UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Q&A answers Discussion thread.

TBT!

...but beyond the DC Minimates using the 3†bodies for some of their larger characters...
The DCD 'mates are using 3" bodies? I am WAY out of the loop... :wacko:

I thought the largest they were going was 2.5". Looking at the control art none of the larger characters have the 3" style elbow-joint.

...but beyond the DC Minimates using the 3” bodies for some of their larger characters...
The DCD 'mates are using 3" bodies? I am WAY out of the loop... :wacko:

I thought the largest they were going was 2.5". Looking at the control art none of the larger characters have the 3" style elbow-joint.

That's what I thought. But in the answers to our questions, he DOES say that some of the DC Minimates use it. Why would he say that if it weren't true? :confused:

Since Art Asylum has been working on the DC mates and not DST, I must have assumed the 3" body was being used for the big ones. It's actually just the 2.5" body. My bad!

Don't worry about it Matt. The current issue of Wizard is assuming a 3" body for DC Minimates too. It has a picture comparison of many different superhero figures such as Marvel Legends and Superhero Squad. It shows the prototype DC Direct "Bane" Minimate and lists the size as 3". But the prototype body clearly is the 2.5" body. The 3" body has some structural differences.

Thanks again for all your awesome support of the Multiverse!

• 1 month later...

57) Just watch: Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness is going to be a HUGE book ... why not think outside the box and do an AOD / Marvel Zombies wave or set? You have the licenses to both and obviously the 2 companies want to cross promote. You'd really knock a lot of people's socks off with an item like that.

People like Zombies? Who knew!?!

Pfft!

I'm gutted.

No Captain Britain.

I'm going to have to schmooze TBT see if he'll take a commision for a Cap B now.

Last time we talked about it he mentioned massage oil.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Wonder if PL can lend me his belt sander?

Some more great stuff from the mouth/hands of DSTChuck.

Seems that the Marvel size restriction is a maximum cap at ~2". As for whether or not they'll ever dip lower than 2" for the small characters, guess we'll have to wait and see. I would be surprised to see a 1" or even a 1.5" figure, as it would require a whole new mold, plus you'd be getting to an insanely tiny size.

New Target surpises? I wonder if these are the Spider-Man sets, or something new?

And some other interesting stuff. More boxed sets? Good maybe on some of the figures we'd like to see - Ultimates, etc.

Sorry to see a negative on stuff like Captain Britain, vehicles and stuff for BSG and Trek, Dr. Who, Farscape, tiny Ant-Man, Giant-Sized X-Men rererelease, and what not.

Even smaller minis like Antman or Wasp would be cool, but hard for me to imagine in hardcopy. Tinibiz, another company that makes mini figures (I collect their Ultraman minis), makes smaller figures by giving them shorter legs and arms. Its hard to imagine this with minimates though because Tinibiz minis do not have articulated knees or elbows.

Yeah, I've fiddled with the concept of shortening the arms and legs. There isn't much room on either end of those joints to spare, especially if you want them to connect to the hands, feet, and the pegs jutting from the rest of the figure. Not to mention, shortening the arms and legs and leaving the torso and head alone creates more of a dwarfish appearance than a genuine smaller person.

Even smaller minis like Antman or Wasp would be cool, but hard for me to imagine in hardcopy. Tinibiz, another company that makes mini figures (I collect their Ultraman minis), makes smaller figures by giving them shorter legs and arms. Its hard to imagine this with minimates though because Tinibiz minis do not have articulated knees or elbows.

LEGO did the same thing with Penguin Shane.

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/...e%20Penguin.JPG

http://www.superherotimes.com/news/images/450MrFreeze.JPG

You lose the (admittedly limited) articulation in the legs, but it does make Penguin noticeably shorter.

I think a shorter 'mate would require a new body. Shorter torso, shorter legs and shorter arms. Anything less than that would look disproportioned.

where can we find the newer answers?
At the Minimate Multiverse homepage, under "Crisis of Infinite Minimates" you'll see a little link to the subforum "DST Q&A Thread", or something like that. Click on it, and you'll see each of the Q&A's so far (there've only been two, we're on our third one now). :)