UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lost a family member in Iraq this week. :(

minivenom

Found out Thursday afternoon that my sister-in-law's son was killed in Iraq. It has taken a couple days to really set in on me, almost like it's just a bad dream or something. Though we are related through marriage, I didn't get the opportunity to know him as well as I would have liked. Still, I feel a deep sorrow over his death, and I can't even imagine the hell that Julia (his mother) must be living right now.

I'd like to ask for any of you who believe in it to maybe send a prayer or two this way, especially for Julia.

I hold our men and women in the military in the highest regard, they give a service I feel I can never repay and as such will always have my undying grattitude and respect.

My sincerest condolences Minivenom and while I'm not a praying man you and yours have my support and best wishes.

-Rich

I'm sure you know that words can never fully express the sorrow we feel in our hearts, but please take some solace from the sympathy and prayers offered here. I can only imagine the heartache and sadness which you all are feeling now. Death is unexpected at best; at worst, it is cruel and seemingly without reason. Not that this is the magic answer to helping get through what you're feeling now, but from my own past experience I'd like to recommend the book entitled "The Next Place" by Warren Hanson. It's a beautifully written and illustrated book about loss, written from the point of view of the loved one who has left us behind, about what they encounter in "the next place." It's usually found in the children's section and I read it at the memorial service of the woman who would have become my mother-in-law. She too was a wonderful person whom I didn't have the chance to know as well as I would have liked. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry MV. I'm just back from my miserable holiday trip. I can't imagine how this must feel. To loose a family member, brother, son...I can't imagine it. It doesn't make matters any better that he has probably been missed for quite a while and now his homecoming is bittersweet.

Sorry pal. I send my best to you and yours.

You have my condolences, MV. Stay strong.

Glomit