UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SMC love thread

TM2 Dinobot

I'm just wondering who here other than me collects the Spiderman Classics? I've got most of them from the "villain repack wave" and up. So essentially when it got good. :P The problem I had is that before that, 1) no one carried them and 2) they were all Spiderman. I', kinda upset I don't have some from the earlier waves, such as SM 2099, Scarlet Spider, Cyborg Spiderman and Manga Spiderman. And of course, I'm missing the box sets. <_<

So, here's a question, did they ever release an Ultimate Spiderman?

Here's my idea for a box set. Spiderman/Parker, with Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy, and Aunt May. The 3 gals can be repaints of each other with different heads, and Felicia can come with a removable mask. Aunt May can be a remold of X-23.

Discuss!

post-51-1166302474_thumb.jpg

My all-time favorite SMC is, and will most likely ALWAYS be:

Spider-Hulk

Just an awesome figure. So weird, so cool, so flippin BIG! He rocks the house.

There are some real gems in this line like the Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Sandman, Carnage and Venom (the cobra / pro-wrestler shaped body).

1 prob w/ SMC is too many DAMN GIMMICKS! Ruined Spider-Armor SM, Shocker, Electro, House of M SM and more.

And wow ... Hydroman just sucks.

Eggs.

Hard.

I've only got one SMC and that's a series 1 Venom in mid transformation with Vault Guard base...

He's probably my favourite ML type figure though, well next to ML series 7 Wolverine/Weapon X anyway...

Spider-Hulk

There are some real gems in this line like the Hobgoblin, Scorpion, Sandman, Carnage and Venom (the cobra / pro-wrestler shaped body).

1 prob w/ SMC is too many DAMN GIMMICKS! Ruined Spider-Armor SM, Shocker, Electro, House of M SM and more.

Eggs.

Hard.

Totally agree with you bro on all fronts.

Spider-Hulk is the Best Ever!!! :) Which reminds me I have to pick up an extra.

How would it really be different from the regular universe?

The only one I know of it the Marvel Select version which has no articulation.

Spider-Hulk

Eggs.

Hard.

Totally agree with you bro on all fronts.

Ditto!

Slightly smaller, and no stripes. Usually listed as "Ultimate Spiderman" :P

Slightly smaller, and no stripes. Usually listed as "Ultimate Spiderman" :P

Still not enough of a difference for me.

We really don't have thatmany A list villains left, and even some B ones now. I'd really like to see some more girls in the line. So far all there is is Black Cat, Movie Mary Jane and Mad Jack. I don't have Mary Jane or Black Cat ( :( ) , and Mad Jack just makes the other boys confused. I guess you could count Elektra from Urban Legends if you really wanted to. That's why I suggested a Women of Spiderman box set. Maybe for specialty market only. Or just make me happy and dish out new villains. Hasbro at least is on the right track of catching me up with Spidey 2099 and Demogoblin. Which reminds me, did the first Spidey 2099 suck too?

Man I don't even rememeber the women in this line and I have just about all the ones that matter.

The Hasbro re-releases for some reason seem more sucky. I'll have to some of mine, which I have stored. :(

What really messes this up is the gimmicks they put into some of the figs. the Spidey Armor hand mod really pissed me off.

Yeah, the line is heavily gimicky. It is a kids line though. How many super articulated Spidermans does it take before kids get bored?

I totally understand it, but I don't play with them so I prefer them out.

You mean theres been a lot of figures or a lot of women?
I just can' recall them, which is strange. I'm going to have to look them up.

What do you mean everything else spiderman? I thought we were just talking about the SMC toys?

The Sinister Six Pack was released under the Marvel Legends label which in turn I don't see as Spider-Man Classics. (Yes even if they use the same mold.)

What do you mean everything else spiderman? I thought we were just talking about the SMC toys?

The Sinister Six Pack was released under the Marvel Legends label which in turn I don't see as Spider-Man Classics. (Yes even if they use the same mold.)

You funny man you!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I used some Plastidip on twist ties. i think he looks awesome.

Wait... IRON Spidey? Are you sure you don't mean 2099? I got him and he's pure love.

The villains, I'm debating on Doc Ock and Rhino. I have Ock, but not in that paint job, and Rhino I've heard the figure is kinda weak. <_<

Yep. I used some Plastidip on twist ties. i think he looks awesome.

Wait... IRON Spidey? Are you sure you don't mean 2099? I got him and he's pure love.

The villains, I'm debating on Doc Ock and Rhino. I have Ock, but not in that paint job, and Rhino I've heard the figure is kinda weak. <_<

No no, they didn't have 2099. I mean the Stark Armor, the cool red and gold stuff. I need to get 2099 sooner or later though.