UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Newaddict's Customs

newaddict

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spy with my little eye a Spider that is Scarlet in the background! Nice Mandarin, btw. Haven't seen any of him. He'd be a neat official mate, with all the potential accessorys.

Oh, yeah I didn't realize the Scarlett Spider was in the background. That custom is acutally not mine - not sure who actually made it. It was included in a lot of Minimates I bought off Ebay. Very nice detail, with a sculpted hood on the back. I'd love to give credit to whomever crafted it, maybe someone from this board?

As for Mandarin, I have been experiementing with scuplting hair, and his hairpiece is a modified Lady Deathstrike. Not perfect yet, but I'm getting better results each time.

Thanks for the feedback. :biggrin:

I'm still working on my additional Runaways, though I'm slowed in my progress because I'm either awaiting new pieces, or having to fabricate my own. I also have an Aang (from Avatar), a Hellboy 2.5" and several others (Excelsior, a House of M subset, etc.) in the works right now. I'm trying to fill the time by working on some of my other projects, but rest assured that no one wants the Runaways finished more than I do!

That Mandarin is pretty flippin' sweet, brother...

Anybody else think we'll see an Iron Man wave around the movie next summer?

Updated: Changed the topic title to something more appropriate, and added my Avatar custom of Aang. There are actually two different heads I created for this figure, neither one quite 100% right, but I thought it was a fun idea to create my first "unofficial" minimate variant. Anyway, take it for what it is and nothing more.

Thanks to all for the kindness. :thumbsup:

Wadalf - I plan on making most of the main characters, but my next one will probably be a Fire Nation Soldier. Look for it in the next week.

TENIME_art - Yes, his eyes are big, and the better to see you with! I think it has something to do with the anime aspect of the show, but his eyes are much larger than almost anyone else's.

drgnrbrn316 - the poncho is actually a piece of flat plastic which I cut into a rough oval shape and then heated with an embossing gun, then shaped and painted (the only way I knew to make something close to what I wanted). The staff is only temporary - it's a piece of plastic tubing I cut to the approximate length I needed. I will ultimately dye it brown/tan and mold the 2 "diamond" shaped details on.

Alpheon - thanks for the compliments. I just was looking at an extra gamma hulk and thought "why not?" I'm looking forward to seeing your customs someday soon.

Aang looks great, 'addict. I do confess that I thought it was gonna be a "water spirit" variant, though...

Nice work all around. I love that show. Can't wait to see your fire nation soldier!

Antacost, I intend to try to do various Aang figures over time to reflect different aspects of the show (i.e. Avatar State Aang, Water Nation Aang, Spirit World Aang, Spider-man Aang . . . okay maybe not that last one :biggrin: ). The Fire Nation solider is about half done, so hopefully by the end of this week/the beginning of next I should have some pics up. Then I really want to do either Katara, Sokka or Zuko. Once I get a few more of the base characters done, then I'll go back and add some variation to Aang.

Updated this evening: Fire Nation Soldier. I have mixed feelings about this one -- the armored effect I was attempting also yielded a slightly more rotund frame than I had wanted. But given the basic shape of mates, it's hard to make them seem really skinny.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

drgnrbrn316 - The skirt is in fact more plasticard (like Aang's poncho) that I heated and shaped to the desired effect. Not perfect, but better than anything else I came up with. It did take three attempts to finally get it more or less "right." It's attached to a NXM Cyclops' belt.

Great job on the Fire Nation Soldier, 'addict... You've really captured the character... Now make an army of them :biggrin: