UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nestlé's work

Nestlé

Alright, before I hit on my new stuff I decided to dig out my old designs for HaloMates. So, here they are:

Hunter

scan0005.jpg

Designed in a 3" mate format.

Grunt

scan0004.jpg

Designed in a 2" mate size, he had a part of Blade's coat cut and put behind his head for the "reactors" they wear on their backs.

Master Chief

scan0003.jpg

Designed in a 2.5" size

Prophet

scan0007.jpg

Using a Leader 2" mate for his head w/ hat.

Elite

scan0006.jpg

Another 2.5," I had Legolas' hair piece to help with the "squid face" look. (The face tentacles)

The problem I had with all of these is that they were relatively "quick customs." I mean, the decals aside they weren't very creative. That is, of course why they all got an upgrade for my wallpaper.

Yeah, these are actually really quite old.

A year at least.

I thought I would just post them since these boards hadn't seen them yet.

As for the new stuff:

Here's my new Grunt. Without a doubt my fondest of the "upgrades."

I realized that Grunts didn't really have feet.

So, I just removed his feet (duh). It may seem like common sense but it REALLY fixes him. He's shorter now AND his Torso looks bigger on his tiny legs. I also gave him a bigger "back-pack-fusion-reactor-thingy" and gave him Thing's big hands.

I've also included a pic of a Grunt from Halo so you get the idea.

covenant-grunt-1.jpg

post-102-1165466076_thumb.jpg

Next up, the Hunter.

Of all my old designs I hated him the most. This was really sad since (for those of you who haven't played Halo) running into a Hunter is scary as hell!!!

Nick named "Can-o-worms" by marines these aliens are essentially that. A colony of alien worms who symbiotically move about in big chunks of armor. (The only way to kill them in the game is to shoot them in the worms aka creases in the armor).

My new design sticks with the 3" size. I changed quite a few things though. Now he's got a 2" mates head. I also gave him a torso cover (with spikes on the back) so the his armor is distinct against his wormy orange insides. Lastly I gave him a shield and took away his right hand, making it into one of their big guns.

hunter.jpg

post-102-1165456875_thumb.jpg

Yeah, these are actually really quite old.

A year at least.

I thought I would just post them since these boards hadn't seen them yet.

Actually, they are up in the gallery over at MMHQ. And that grunt is awesome! The hunter looks a little... odd. I dunno about that head. Great idea for the grunt's feet though. Seen the Halo 3 commercial yet?

OF COURSE!!!!!!!

You don't have to look any further tahn me for someone who can't wait for Halo 3!!!

As a matter of fact I'm signed up for the Halo 3 Beta so I'll be playing it in the next couple months. :D

Yeah, I agree, the HUnter isn't prefect, but comparing him to my orignal one he's 100x better. He'll probably see another upgrade soon. :P

Oh, lookit that. They ARE at the MMHQ. Huh. Well thanks Fujis. ;)