UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Display ideas? Diorama? Weird line up...I think.

So I have skimmed my DC collection a little bit ( a lot ) and am left with only the figures that I like visually. Green Arrow, Batman ( not ordered yet but will be obtaining one somehow, battle damaged or undamaged modern blue ) , Nightwing (non-c3), Dr.Fate, Steel, Green Lantern ( Hal Jordan ). Since they are so limited in number and an oddball team, I have no idea how to display them.

I'm open to purchasing a pre-made miniature diorama type thing as well as some DC villains but given the eclectic line-up I have no idea how to not make this look not ridiculous to me. Even the line-up itself is silly to me, but it makes me happy...I just need ideas for a display.

Blow my mind please. You all are toy geniuses.

Edited by fatcow

get yourself a Hall of Justice http://comeseetoys.blogspot.com/2012/04/young-justice-collect-and-connect-hall.html

it’s too small for the Young Justice figures it was made for, but it’s perfect minimate scale.

It ties together any DC heroes nicely but it takes up A LOT of space... I had to put mine in storage because the Marvel mates needed the shelf space... but I’m thinking I might try wall mounting it eventually.

Edited by dr baghead

Quite an odd bunch of figures you have there! With such a limited supply, I'd suggest a small display. You could take the easy route and buy various scaled dioramas, but I have limited knowledge on that front. I much prefer to build my on displays by hand. I'm not sure if you're crafty with image editing software, but that is my method of choice. For a display of such a small amount of figures that don't go together as a whole, I suggest pairing them off and putting them in cool poses. I made a quick mock up of an idea.

A display of thick glossed cardstock paper, printed with designs to match the figures, then folded and glued.

At least that's what I would do. confused.gif

But if you prefer something a little simpler, you could try "Luke's Toy Store". He doesn't seem to have any of the striking dioramas in stock anymore, but the acrylic stands work well too.

Regards,

-CBMM1

Edited by CBMM1

Since you've got seven figures, the first thing that came to mind was a display using hexagonal stands of varying heights clustered together. They could be painted and treated any way you like to give each character his own stand but still be part of the same display without taking up much room. I'm not sure where you'd find the materials but this is a start just to give you an idea.

Or there's always the Justice League Watchtower.

get yourself a Hall of Justice http://comeseetoys.blogspot.com/2012/04/young-justice-collect-and-connect-hall.html

it’s too small for the Young Justice figures it was made for, but it’s perfect minimate scale.

It ties together any DC heroes nicely but it takes up A LOT of space... I had to put mine in storage because the Marvel mates needed the shelf space... but I’m thinking I might try wall mounting it eventually.

Yeah, that Young Justice Hall of Justice is looks great with Minimates!

The Hall Of Justice definitely looks like it would work and easily tie the odd ball team I have together. I'm still looking at other options, especially the thought of setting up an action scene. All the pre-made dios I'm seeing are for tabletop games and much to small for 2'' toys, so the search continues. Thank you for the great ideas!

I'm ideally looking for something square shaped that I can then enclose in a plastic case or something. I would really like that type of display.