UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Adventure Time

TM2 Dinobot

Anyone want to talk about this?

I was really opposed to it. I watched a few episodes when it first came out and I thought "This is stupid." Then PBS did that Idea Channel on it, and I thought, "Okay, I'll give it another shot." So I watched 4 1/2 seasons straight through. And all the stuff that I hated about it just seemed to go away. it made sense. But I thought it was just this neat little kids show. I wasn't all in until they got to The Litch.

Holy crap that was dark.

Anyways, I thought I'd rather discuss it here than anywhere else. So I'm just wondering if any one else watches it?

Absolutely love this show. And the fact that my 4-year-old daughter and I can enjoy it together for totally different reasons. I don't know how well they would translate into minimates though, some un-minimate-friendly designs. That said, I'd love to see DST take a shot at it. Give me a Lumpy Space Princess mate!

Adventure Time is right up there with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones for me. I got into it because the humor was so crazy and absurdist, but the characters and world have really developed since then, I love it.

Minimates or not, it would be great for a better toy company like DST to get hold of the license. That Jazzwares stuff is terrible.

I had the exact same experience, TM.

When the show started, I would watch but I wasn't into that into so I took a break (and it didn't help that my DVR was recording every episode that aired, regardless if it was new or not). Later on I stumbled onto some of the Simon and Marcy stuff, theories on the land of Ooo being a post-apocalyptic wasteland (now confirmed, obviously), and my interests were peaked again. Coupled with the amazing season 4 finale (The Lich) and the promise of alternate reality shenanegans in season 5 (Finn the Human and Jake the Dog), I was totally hooked. Fucking love this show!

More recently, things like last night's episode that really dig into the history of the world in a way that's both inviting to newbies and satisfying to older fans just keep making it the cartoon to beat.

I just wish they would get on it and start releasing the seasons at a quicker clip.

I guess I'll be the old guy that doesn't get it. I've watched some episodes, read the first comic tpb, even tried to have my daughter explain what I'm missing. Just not for me I guess, can't quite pinpoint why though.

Not just you. As a young guy who I guess should be into these alternative animation shows, I find them... irritating really.

The art style really turns me off, the humor just falls flat for me, and I also have an unending hatred against Cartoon Network.

Hey, I still hate the art style. i just ignore it because the story hooked me. But the art style and the writing turned me off at first.

There's a reason I won't watch Gumball or Regular Show or other crap like that (Adventure Time fell in that slot for the longest time with me.) I can barely stomach the Canadian trash shoveled down our gullet. The only reason I'm watching season 5 of Total Drama is because I've seen the other 4. dry.png

Come on season 2 of Gravity Falls!

Been waiting for someone to make an AT Thread! I honestly gotta say I really like this show. The art style is simple yet colorful. As for the writing, it's alright for what it is. I'm no hard-core fan but AT is a show in my top list, along with Young Justice and Avatar.

Yeah, its a great show! Another property that could be a great fit for Minimates. With all of Jake's various looks and the supporting characters, it could be a great replacement to the Thundercats boxsets.

I have been fantasizing about AT Minimates for a while...

Absolutely love this show. And the fact that my 4-year-old daughter and I can enjoy it together for totally different reasons. I don't know how well they would translate into minimates though, some un-minimate-friendly designs. That said, I'd love to see DST take a shot at it. Give me a Lumpy Space Princess mate!

If they ever do get the license they could do a slimer-esque design for Lumpy Space Princess. Edited by MiniMage

Yeah, humanoid characters would easily work in Minimate form, and after seeing how DST handled Real Ghostbusters, I have no doubts that Lady Rainicorn, Lumpy Space Princess, and others could be adapted as well. Other Candy Kingdom characters like Peppermint Butler, Treetrunks, BMO could just be simple sculpts like the Thundercats line had with Snarf, Berbils, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well apparently after the success of his Avatar: The Legend of Aang/Korra vlogs, Nostalgia Critic decided to watch Adventure Time...he is now slowly losing all sanity.

AT Vlog #1: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/specials/40819-adventure-time-vlogs-slumber-party-panic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...