UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Distribution: Are we helping or hindering?

I should post this in the TRU 15 thread too, but one of the girls at my local TRU told me her coworker scoops up minimates and Marvel/Star Wars exclusives, anything that he thinks is worth something and he sells them online.

He also returns stuff he can't sell, which is probably why my TRU is backed up with Wave 13 and 14. So wave 15 literally might pass me by unless I pay the markup on ebay :/

Report him to a store manager. This is expressly forbidden and if it's true, could cost him his job.

I work at a store in Indy alongside another collectors (of primarily DC merch). We buy for ourselves, or for friends/trades - buying to scalp is out of the question; I wouldn't even if it was allowed.

Our store usually gets at least two cases of each wave... One right off the bat, a second a week or so later. The latest wave of Walking Dead, I think we got three, and maybe the same with Star Trek. Both are peg warming a bit at the moment, but ASM? We just have a few Captain Stacy packs left. And no First Class. But it customer base is an odd mix. I'd argue most of what we sell in Minimates goes more to casual collectors and kids than guys like us.