UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Request for a new pinned topic

monkeycrumb

How about a Visual reference guide of Unmade Marvel characters & variant costumes/appearances?

Keep a separate thread for suggestions and discussion, so you don't have to wade through pages of text to see all of the pics. Then just have one pinned thread of pure pictures! Separate each by category, such as "SpiderMan characters", Avengers characters", Daredevil, FF, X-Men, General Marvel Universe, etc.

I've seen a few of the links posted that have database entries such as the Who's Who of the Marvel Universe type stuff, but everything I've seen linked has been incomplete or just text, and rarely include many variant looks.

OR

Maybe instead of pinning the threads, we could have entire threads dedicated to one subject but maintained by someone who will edit pics into the first several posts and then our comments would appear on other pages with pics all pushed to the top by whomever starts each thread?

So, someone can start a topic called "Unmade X-Men characters", post the first 10-20 comments as "reserved for later use" then edit in pics as suggestions or new looks come up. Another member or the same person can coordinate with other list-makers and start the "Unmade Avenger Characters" post and do the same thing, then repeat with other topics, but tie them in with the big themes and a catch-all General Marvel Universe topic, so that we don't have tons of obscure thread but more what DST might try to wrap a theme around. Maybe even have one just for Events to put things like Age of Apocalypse AND Fear Itself into one thread. And have a thread solely for Requested Re-Do's.

Then we have a great reference for voting, customizing, wishlisting, etc.

I'd love to get it started, but I don't feel I could do the idea justice half as well as a lot of you guys could.

THEN when characters are made, the picture can be removed from the topic, giving us a better sense of "who's left to be made?"

What do you guys think? A Visual reference set to a standard the board agrees on, so whenever a poll comes up you don't have to start from scratch? And it can be used as a reference for wishlisting, or even better for customizing!

I am afraid I don't understand. A thread with pics of all unmade costume variation and characters? Might it be better to link off site to a wiki or something? That would be a LOT of pics and slow the browser down.

1) you don't have to open the thread if you don't want to

2) you could update your browser

3) wiki's are probably not the best format?

4) another website like minimatedatabase would be cool. But I'm just trying to "keep it in the family" here :)

I think it's an ok idea with one caveat... If you're going to suggest something like this then you need to take on implementing & updating it yourself monkeycrumb, to paraphase field of dreams... "If you build it they will come".

T.