UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates 10th anniversay showcase

minijeff

Excelsior! Celebrating Marvel Minimates 10th Anniversary!

Coming to the Humboldt and District Museum and Gallery in November and

December of 2013, this showcase will take visitors through a visual

tour of the 10 years of Marvel Minimates. Including the Minimates

themselves as well as artwork, advertising examples, some design artwork

and even some prototypes this display will be a great tour through the

history of these great toys! Also included in this display will be a

variety of Marvel comic books which were released with blank white

covers to encourage fans to get them sketched at conventions or to add

their own artwork to them. These comics will feature Minimate artwork

from a variety of artists both professional and amateur.

If you would like to be an artist in this show and havent already contacted me please do so!

I have been getting some good responses to this little project and a couple really cool artists have stepped up to this which will add some punch to the roster of artwork. I am just waiting to hear back from a couple of people and the first batch of comics will go out so the artists can get started on them!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Have I mentioned that I'm pretty excited to see what the Minimate community is going to do with this project? Yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Some great artists combining efforts to contribute Minimate artwork that will be showcased in a museum gallery? Simply awesome.

Count me as super excited too man...especially since when I first thought up the idea of getting minimate artwork on these comic covers I had no idea if I was going to be able to find anyone interested in doing it for me. This will be my second trip with minimates to the museum for a showcase and I think it will be even bigger than the first. I know I will have more wall space but will have to see what kind of display case options I will be able to have too.

I just want to toss out a huge thanks to everyone who has already stepped into the game plan with this, I can't wait to see the works as they are returned! and yea all this artwork on the gallery walls is going to rock!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So my little covers project is officially up to 14 artists and another one who will hopefully be ready to join soon...plus I have a few others to ask/remind! Thanks to all who have already signed up, you guys are going to make this museum show rock!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 3 weeks later...
So while I have been planning and prepping for the upcoming 10th anniversary of Marvel Minimates museum show I am doing I have been asked how many Marvel minimates are in my collection...so the other day while teaching I had some time to do some counting. Just the core collection, with the marvel half of mvc3 and some of the alt looks dst provided parts for....no customs or prototypes totals in at 795 minimates! and I want to take this all to the museum show plus some others!

Jeff of the Miniacs

So while I have been planning and prepping for the upcoming 10th anniversary of Marvel Minimates museum show I am doing I have been asked how many Marvel minimates are in my collection...so the other day while teaching I had some time to do some counting. Just the core collection, with the marvel half of mvc3 and some of the alt looks dst provided parts for....no customs or prototypes totals in at 795 minimates! and I want to take this all to the museum show plus some others!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Holy. CRAP! Impressive, man. I didn't even realize there WERE that many Marvel mates MADE!!!

That is really amazing. Cannot wait for more! :P

Now, how many unique characters are there? For a definition of unique, lets go with: if someone traveled back in time and removed that person at birth/conception, then any costume/persona/clone, etc would not count. So, Iron Patriot = Noman Osborn = Green Goblin, Ultimate Jean Grey = Jean Grey = Phoenix, etc.

Okay, maybe clones count (X-23, Ultimate SpiderWoman, etc) :D

That is really amazing. Cannot wait for more! :P

Now, how many unique characters are there? For a definition of unique, lets go with: if someone traveled back in time and removed that person at birth/conception, then any costume/persona/clone, etc would not count. So, Iron Patriot = Noman Osborn = Green Goblin, Ultimate Jean Grey = Jean Grey = Phoenix, etc.

Okay, maybe clones count (X-23, Ultimate SpiderWoman, etc) :D

Easy way to start off, divide 795 in half. That eliminates all the spideys, wolvies, and iron men. :P

• 2 months later...