UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dead or Alive 5

TM2 Dinobot

(notices the first few screen shots) hmmm... well at least with Itagaki gone they’re not pretending to not be about tits anymore, good for you DoA, embrace your true self!

also, Virtua Fighter is probably the lamest fighting game outside of a boob-less Dead or Alive, I can’t believe we’re supposed to give a s**t Akira, Sarah, and Pai are guest characters (seriously, if you have Sega on the phone to discuss human guest characters and “Honey, Bahn, and Guy-from-Shenmu” aren’t who you walk way with YOU FAILED!)

so when does this come out in America and is it for Playstation 3 as well?

Hey now. Virtua Fighter was awesome way back in the day. Definitely a step up from Pit Fighter (which was the game replaced by Virtua Fighter at the arcade I used to go to :D )

Edited by karamazov80

Hey now. Virtua Fighter was awesome way back in the day.

c’mon now, if Pit Fighter was replaced with a booth where you put in a dollar and a guy kicked you in the balls it’d still be an improvement wouldn’t it?

I’ll give Virtua Fighter credit for being one of (if not the?) first 3D games, but it took too much advantage of it’s firstness in making it’s characters SUPER bland and letting the novelty of 3D carry them forward.

I still think guy from Shenmue and the Fighting Vipers would have made better special guest since that at least have unique looks. But whatever, so long as Christie has at least as many costumes as the jailbait characters (seriously, DoA4 why did you think it was okay to give Christie 4 and Hitomi 8?! What kind of God allows for that bullsh*t to transpire?!) I’ll be happy, even if it means I have to stare at Akira’s stupid bland face as I beat it to death and wish he was better.

• 11 months later...

So necroing this thread since DoA Ultimate just came out.

Ugh, this game reminds me of everything I hate about ‘3D’ fighting games (the weird character movements, camera angles, texturing, super mashy gameplay) and what I hate about DoA in general (the characters look like wet plastic, there’s clipping galore, “story” mode is made up of mostly “hey who are?! let’s fight!” battles, story is terrible, jailbait characters still have more costumes then Christie.)

... but Kate Higgins (voice of Frankie Stein, the most recent Barbie) is the voice of Momiji so it’s fun to play as a character that sounds like a fashion doll, and they added in Jackie Bryant so I can play as a Sarah/Jackie tag-team, I also like I can set 2-player mode to “unlock everything” which is fun as hell, since I like to play with my fiancee and this means I don’t need to play 80000 hours of single player as characters I don’t like to use all the costumes.

So this game was well worth the purchase, now how about a new DoAX Team Ninja