UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My Customs

I have not actually did any custom work as of yet, I have dabbled with changing a few pieces on a couple of my mates, thats about it so far. I am however wanting to do my first real custom figure, I am not a good painter, or anything of that nature, but I think I'd like to start by doing a custom from other parts.

I am wanting to do a few different figures, I am sure they have been done, but I'd like to give it a go and add them to my collection. Any advice, tips or anything that can lead me in the right direct would be very much appreciated!

Axel Foley from Beverly hills cop.

Indiana Jones

Snake Plissken from Escape from New York/LA

These will be my first three attempts at customs I am thinking, I will surely add pictures and what not once I get them done.

Check out my customs page http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10037

I've done all of those all from other minimate parts if you can get a hold of them.

For Indy's Hat I used Angry Villager from Universal Monsters and colored it Brown. And Axel Foley you need decals or something to make the Detroit Lions logo on his jacket.

Thanks for sharing your customs, I remember watching one of your videos on youtube, you have quite a few great customs. I saw a few pieces here and there that looked like good Plissken parts, so that is what got me thinking about doing one of him. I still need to sit down and study a bunches of pieces before really choosing I suppose.

Yeah a Lions decal would do wonders for a Axel character. I have studied the ones that didn't come out, and would like to get as close as I can to that one, but I figure the jacket is going to be the roughest part of it. Nice choice on his face, that you went with. Seeing those really makes me want to get to work on customizing :) Thanks again for sharing, all tips and advice are very much welcome :)

Thanks for linking me up Bob! Now that's a great custom right there, is that picture for making a decal? I've been curious about decals, pretty hard to apply them? Thanks again for posting this stuff...

Jap, Luke provides a lot of his brilliant decal designs. It's not so hard to apply them. Luke also offers a helping hand here, too. I usually work with those waterslide decals for my ink printer and I'm pretty pleased with how it turns out. Feel free to have a look.