UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 14??

Shanester

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're still on a parts reuse kick then the Shocker must be made!

C-List Spidey villains will save the Marvel line!

I still think you could have loads more viable Spidey enemies over a lot of the others ('cept we need a Red Skull!) Spidey's rogue's gallery is second to none.

Speaking strictly in terms of Marvel, yes, Spidey's got the best villains. In terms of both Big 2 companies... well, that I'd have to think about.

Anyhow, Wave 14 I'm hoping and praying is where we get those classic Avengers we've been dying for. DST has done it's bit for the mass market retailers, now how about something for us fanatics?? My ideal line-up...

She-Hulk/Titania

Scarlet Witch/Vision

Hawkeye/Baron Zemo

Hawkeye/Citizen V varient

I honestly don't know what's going to be in the next couple waves. I hope for a Deadpool, Archangel, Classic Bishop(yeah right :rolleyes:), Apocalypse, Gambit and a Classic Beast.

One Variant of an existing Mate I would like to see anytime(not just in Waves 14 or 15) is a Red- costume Iron Fist with an angry expression(kind of like the Marvel Legends version of the Red-costume Iron Fist :)).

Okay, I really wanted to get a full prediction in before SDCC so here goes...

Wave 14

Modern Iron Man / Ultron

Hawkeye / She-Hulk

Scarlet Witch / Dr. Strange

Scarlet Witch / Vision (chase)

Wave 15

Gambit / Psylocke

X-23 / Deadpool

Apocalypse / Angel

Apocalypse / Archangel (chase)

And I know the chances of a Marvel SDCC exclusive are slim-to-none but I'm predicting an

Iron Spider-Man / Aunt May 2-pack.

Hey, I'm not trying to start something Fujis, but I don't think they willl have a Seperate Character(Dr. Strange/Vision on your list) as a chase. I feel that when they did that in Wave 10, there was a bad response to it.

A bad response to the Spider-Woman variant?! Are you serious? I'd much rather have another character or different costume than a clear or battle-damaged version as a chase. And technically you should be comparing my Wave 15 choice of variant to Wave 10 since it's actually closer...but you do have a point.

I'm just excited about the fact that DC isn't bothering with chase figures (for now at least) and I hope DST follows suit and offers more characters per wave.

Yeah, I love Fujis Wave 15, but I would change the chase to Angel and have Archangel as the regular one(I think more people recognize Archangel because he's had more exposure than the regular Angel).

But for Wave 10,I feel that people actually HAD to get that chase because it was a seperate charactor, wherareas, with all the other ones, their just varients of one of the other mainstream charactors in the wave. They didn't HAVE to get those ones(but they probably did anyway :D)

BTW: They= Minimate Collectors :D

• 1 month later...

My hopes is that we get a lot of the figures we've been begging for in the upcoming waves, since we've endured 4 waves of part reuse and variants and we've been told that next year is supposed to be a good year for minimates.

More likely though, we'll see at least one Civil War related wave, which means no villains (though we might get a Thunderbolt or two) Personally, I'd rather see a separate thing for Civil War, kind of like the Marvel Knights/New Avengers/X-Men 4-packs, where you get one or two characters from one side bundled with one or two characters from the other side. Not a bad way to expand the universe, but not likely to happen. I say look for Spider-Man, Iron Man, Daredevil, Captain America, Ms Marvel, Thing, with a torn up Spidey for good measure.

What I fear may happen is we get two waves of Spidey/Wolvie villains that can be made using just a repainted blank minimate. (Deadpool minus weapons, Shocker, Eel, Black Tarantula, Looter, etc) My gut tells me they might try to give us what we want (more villains) while at the same time saving their resources again.

Why is everyone wanting an iron spiderman? That would suck! Another crappy variant for a short lived costume in comic history? It doesn't make sense, when the largest complaint for the past 4 waves have been reused and repetative mini characters.

They need to burn any designs of any more spiderman variants and just make a thor already. Although the spiderman 3 does sorta scare me into thinking the next waves will be movie related.

I would definately say that Spiderman villians are the weakest of all Marvel Villians. Even second stringer X-men villians can kick the crap out of any headliner Spidy Villian. What they should do if they do Spiderman Villians.

Scorpion

Vulture

Electro

Morbius

The next wave should be

Thor/Loki

Vision/Scarlet Witch

Abomination/Hulk Big chest and hands

Variant Transparent Vision

While I'd like a Civil War themed release, will anyone care about it by the time these waves hit?

Though if they did it, I think two packs with one character from each side would be good. Hopefully, since we're just getting a "new" Cap and Daredevil, they won't use those, even though they're high-profile on one side of CW.

Here's how I'd pair them:

Iron Spidey / Dr. Strange

Modern Iron Man / Black Bolt

She-Hulk / Hercules

Thor / Falcon

While I think Falcon and Hercules are silly characters and not nearly the popularity of their counterparts, they're actually kind of a big deal in Civil War. The two of them are part of Cap's inner circle. Plus, a lot of the other major characters on Cap's side have been done (Cable, Nick Fury, Cap himself, Luke Cage). Black Bolt and Dr. Strange are less "in the thick of it" than any of the Iron-sided characters, but they've taken a stand, and they're big enough characters to generate sales. I would have included Cloak and Dagger, but they're too perfect of a pair on their own. (Thor and Loki also make a great pair, but he seems to be integral to this arc, and it's about time he gets done, anyway! And I'm not even a fan of the guy...)

Plus, I think that we complain a lot about Spidey variants (and rightly so), but the Iron Spidey costume is important enough that, were it made, I don't think there would be many complaints.

People's hate for the Spidey variants is simple - they are usually based off the classic red and blue costume and they have really scraped teh bottom of the barrel.

We have had the normal one, battle damaged one, maskless Spidey and the one with the mask half off, as well as a split one with Peter Parker.

The black costume was a chase variant that not everyone got, yet those 5 were regular releases. One of the worst marketing decisions ever.

No-one ragged on the Ben Reilly Minimate, or Spidey 2099.

No one will knock a Scarlet Spidey or an Iron Spidey. They are all true variants in the proper sense of the word.

While I'd like a Civil War themed release, will anyone care about it by the time these waves hit?

A civil war wave would be fun, although there is one horrific two pack that springs to my mind:

Spoiler for Civil War/Daredevil

Daredevil with Iron Fist dressed as Daredevil

:P

yep Danny hit the nail on the head here... I dont mind variants as long as they are worthwhile. Black Spidey if the perfect example of worth while. lifting my mask a bit regular spidey.. is the other extreme...

Iron Spidey is both a cool costume ( Now I'm used to it) and a big enough part of the storyline to count.

BTW lets not Down on 14/45 yet folks, we havent even heard if we are getting them at all and everyone was faily cagey as SDCC to talk beyond 12&13.

T.

No one will knock a Scarlet Spidey or an Iron Spidey. They are all true variants in the proper sense of the word.

Couldn't have said that any better myself. I'm all for variant costumes if they make sense. Do we really need a second battle damaged Spidey? Not when there's so many other variations that have been done to his costume for different reasons. Iron Man has had a large variety of armor and we've only seen three designs (4 if you count stealth). Captain America has worn several different outfits as the different people who've worn the mask, be it Nomad, USAgent, etc, yet we get variations of the good ol' red, white, and blue. Ms Marvel has been through a few variations, as have plenty of other heroes who haven't been given a chance to shine at all. I'm all for different designs, its only when we start getting the "Mildly Constipated Spider-Man" etc that it gets to be too much. I understand the need to keep the big names in the line, but they've worn numerous variations to warrant them in figure form. We've seen Iron Spidey, Captain Universe Spidey, Spidey Armor, Scarlet Spider, Electro-proof Spidey, 6-arm Spidey, Man-Spider, Spider-Hulk, Spider-Lizard, Spider-Phoenix, Amazing/Bombastic Bagman, Octo-Spidey, and the list goes on and on. And Wolverine! He's had variations of his costume for every team he's been on, plus his future and past selves, plus stints in a Venom costume, a Punisher shirt, Weapon X gear, heck, he's even run around naked a time or two. Check the next Exiles book for a AA/DST wet dream. Give me something different instead of Gaijin Wolverine except now he doesn't have a mask, or Civilian Wolverine except this time its the Ultimate version.

Man i just want War Machine, Thor, Loki, Abomination, Titanium Man, Ultimate Cap, Ultimate Iron Man, Ionic Wonder Man and Wonder Man.