UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 14??

Shanester

My belief on the variants goes like this.

We are going to get more Spiderman Minimates. Period. There is no need to discuss that. As long as Minimates are made we will get Spiderman, Wolverine, Batman, Superman, Speed Racer, Aragon, whatever the case. Popular figures sell.

So, the question is, what kind of variant do you want. Like it's been talked about above, I would prefer a true variant in the form of Spidey 2099 or Ben Reiliy. They could make the Amazing Bag Man, Captain Universe Spiderman, Silver Armor Spiderman, just to name a few. Iron Spidey is hot right now and I would almost put money on seeing him in the next 2 waves. Personally, I'd much rather see Iron Spidey than Porta-Potty Spidey in his classic costume with his pants pulled down :). neo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're on line 14+. GIVE ME A BREAK, Spiderman and Wolverine are not the main contributing factor to the success of the minimate line at this point.

I agree they will continue to make them because they underestimate audiences and like to pinch pennies, but You guys think that more variants of Spiderman and Wolverine will just sell more?

I would bet 1000 bucks that a new minimate like Thor, Loki, Sinister, Apocalypse, or Abomination would sell better and sell out more than any nonchase variation of Spiderman or Wolverine at this point.

So more Spidey and Wolverines would just be insulting at this point on.

Sadly I think you're wrong.

I so wish you were right but you more than likely aint.

We are a minority, a vocal one at that. Do you think 7 year old bobby knows Sinister over Spidey?

Which characters have the movies, which characters have the toy lines, which characters have the video games, which characters have the pyjama and duvet sets, whcih characters have the flavoured milk?

Even if they couldnt reuse parts we'd still get the Spidey/Wolvie onslaught. They sell..

You also might want to think that DST has to pay AA and Marvel a piece of the pie which imo impacts their profits.

I agree with Ady and the reasoning behind all the wolverines and spider-mans which we all know. I think we are all sick of them, but know they need to be integrated into the lines to a certain extent for continued success. But do we really need two battle damaged Spideys? (How many would have preferred Iron Spidey?) How many times are we going to pay for a non-masked and masked wolverine? You know Masked Astonishing Wolverine is coming right around the corner. DST lacks creativity when making Spidey/Wolverine variants. My main problem is the lack of villains and getting some B-C list characters. Sometimes I feel tortured with the crap design of some of these waves.

^^ Exactly! We all know that Wolvie/Spidey Variants are a necessary evil in this line. Like Ady said, most kids are going to pick a Spider-Man or Wolverine toy over, say a Gambit or a Thor toy, because they know who Spidey and Wolvie are. We all have to remember, we(as in the forum members) are NOT they only ones who buy Minimates.

in all honesty i dnt kno any kids who buy minimates? and also the ppl in this forum must b sum of the most loyal minimates fans arround and we kno wot we want and i think we kno wot would b good 4 the market!!

i hope they bring out

scarlet witch/vision

hawkeye/taskmaster

thor/loki

modern iorn man/manderin

kang/ultron??

and no more bloody wolverines but i wudnt mind a iorn spidy

oooh and they shud bring out all the young avengers:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D