UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kid's Corner

Alpheon

Hi. I was wondering how many of us members are kids. I am not encouraging anyone to give out their real age, but let's just say 18 and younger. How hard is it for you to collect 'mates? I for one have a difficult time because I cannot order from the internet.

I have trouble getting them aswell.

I cannot drive yet, and the comic book store that carries minis is about 45min away.

And my family thinks they are kind of dumb so they don't want me buying em, but I can't help it.

Thanks to the absolutely great people here, I've had no trouble getting a pretty good collection. I've said it before, but serious thanks to Shanster for starting me off! (I had a few beforehand, but...)

Deadpool is da man in my book. You get stuck on an exclusive, you just let me know.

Yeah, I need a Gold Spidey actually... :D

Could you not just get a normal Minimate, spray it gold and then carefully repaint the web design and what not back on ?

I know it's cheating and that obviously it wouldn't be authentic but for display purposes it would probably be fine...

*Realises he's just let out his secret big money making scheme to the whole world :P *

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the boards, Blizzardfury! Nice to meet you. I'm Alpheon, you'll probably see my name a lot of places because I post too much. As for age, you can (and anyone else can) say their real age if you want, I was only saying in the first post that if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you don't have to. Besides, if you've filled out the Birthdate on your profile everybody knows it anyway. I'm a thirteen year old boy on the West Coast of the US.

im 17 and its kinda hard to get them mates in my country(holland)

i can order them at a comic store but id have to pay 200 euros(that i dont have) and get a whole box

or i can travel across the country(wich just takes 2 hours in a car) and buy them at a special figure store where im going to on friday :D

OOOoooohhh :blink: .....Have fun with that, Aapje. One other thing...what the heck does your name mean, and how is it pronounced??

ehm its a dutch word i can say it how we pronounce it here in holland but i dont know how english ppl say it but we say it like aawpjuuhh, its kinda weird but it means monkey :P

i picked it cause its my most used word of my dictionaire and i liked the word(kinda origanal aint it)

and cause my other account didnt excist but the nick did :huh:

i will have a lotta fun there cause the store im going to is kinda great cause i can get a LOTR 4 pack for 10 euros :D

and i can get some other exclusives and limited figures for cheap, like the legend of zelda figure with a horse for 20 euro and BTVS palz for 10 euros but they dont have alotta marvel minimates though only a few of wave 1 and they have wave 3, 4 and 5 but no newer ones :(

I'm barely over 18, but don't want to be. I'd be screwed if it wasn't for mass market ones and Ebay and the good people here. None of the comic stores around here want to sell them, let alone less than $15 a 2pack.

OUCH. I feel the pain, except I've only got 1 comic store. But I did ask them to see about ordering me some Cylons.

I'm 16, I don't have that much of a problem getting most Minimates in my area, my LCS always has the Marvel lines, C3, and LOTR and I can always get whatever's released to mass market (I do have dificulty getting the Internet and con exclusive stuff). The other problem is that I don't have a job yet (and I won't until the Spring cause of sports) and I try to collect these and whatever Comic Books, Heroclix, and Marvel Legends that strike my fancy so it takes ALOT of mathmatics and advance planning (but things usually workout in the end).