UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The best fodder figure?

Jeff

Going thru my cases of minimate parts and looking both here and on the minimate database, I was thinking about which figure offered the best pieces/parts for customs.

My favorite figure? 90's Jim Lee Cyclops. The classic visor, an additional hairpiece, glove and boot bands, thigh belts, waist belt, and chest strap- this figure has it all. I was able to make four customs using these parts. Saved me a lot of cash from tracking down multiple figures.

What is your favorite fodder figure?

For a while I had a ton of extra Invaders sets (which are all gone now), and that was the best set for customs. Cap and Bucky had the gloves, boots, belts, and shoulder harnesses. Namor was almost entirely flesh colored. And Human Torch had those great fire parts. I always find myself wishing I had kept more of those around.

For a while I had a ton of extra Invaders sets (which are all gone now), and that was the best set for customs. Cap and Bucky had the gloves, boots, belts, and shoulder harnesses. Namor was almost entirely flesh colored. And Human Torch had those great fire parts. I always find myself wishing I had kept more of those around.

I loved that set too- I think I only kept Namor for my FF- the rest all custom parts. :biggrin:

Flesh seems to be the hardest to track down, imo.

Flesh has gotten a bit easier recently, but for awhile Namor was invaluable. He was just about the only set of bare feet out there.

Back when I first started (quick) customizing, I made a lot of civilian/secret id figures, and VP Gaius Baltar was invaluable. At the time, I think he was the only shirt and tie torso out there, so he subbed in for Commissioner Gordon, the (Vic Sage) Question, and a couple others.

First Appearance Dr. Doom is a figure I've used a lot as well; it's got the perfect shade of green for a lot of different things. The hood, collar, boots, and especially the skirt are all really useful. It's a shame, because I love the figure, and I keep swearing with each one I buy that I'm going to keep him intact, but then a new project beckons....