UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

things i learned today

Vash

1st - making your own minimate parts is a pain in the ass

2nd - i will never not prime a minimate again (sidenote to this.. too much prime being inhaled by me makes me kinda woozy and causes posts like this)

3rd - i will never not seal a minimate again (after far too long of not having my customs sealed i finally sealed my customs.. after touching up the ones that needed touching from paint chipping off. )

I'd be posting pics of the two customs im currently working on but it would ruin the suprise of posting the finished product(although to me if you've seen my last two customs the next two arent hard to guess)

The main reason of this post was that 2 part epoxys while a great tool.. are a pain to get sculpted to what you want especially when youve never done much sculpting before. Primer is my new friend.. i wouldnt have belived it when i started doing custom minimates but i will never not primer a mate again.. the paint just goes on and lays down and with so many less coats and so much less work. Clearcoat.. wow.. thats all i have to say about clear coat..

ill get around to posting the pics of the mates i cleared some time tomorrow when im not sooooo woozy..

ty

m

Indeed, customizing minimates is not the easiest thing to accomplish.

But once you finish it up, it was all worth it in the end!!

Unless your dealing with creating a clear custom, priming the figure before you start painting is a very good idea, makes applying the paint MUCH easier.

And Sealing it afterwards is also well worth doing.....although the paint can still get scraped off, so you still need to be careful.

Can't wait to check out your newest stuff!