UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I Heart Netflix

dj87

yeah, it was only in the last couple of weeks that Netflix launched over here, and like many others I signed up for the free month trial. It took all of 20-30mins of browsing for me to decide to keep up the subscription, so many wonderful things I've wanted to watch but missed, or things I remember from my childhood.

after watching a number of highbrow documentaries... and the original series of Power Rangers, I started catching up on lots of old films, etc. Before getting back into the old 90s superhero cartoons. I've watched Spidey and X-Men to death, but the likes of Hulk and Iron Man I didn't remember too well.

While they're all pretty badly dated now, Hulk was quite fun, its always fun watching Hulk smash stuff. Iron Man, however, was appalling, shoddy animation, and his rogues gallery is so bad. A Superhero is only as good as his villains, which is why Stark will never be A-list (can o'worms?).

I'd never even heard of the Avengers cartoon from '99, looked terrible, but lots of fun characters and stories used. A real nice surprise seeing the likes of Vision on the screen, and to have Ant Man leading the team was very good as far as I'm concerned.

What really struck me was the Fantastic Four, which I only vaguely remember watching. Great stuff, real fun. Surfer, Galactus and his other heralds, Moleman, lots of Doom. Such a catchy theme tune as well, well and truly stuck in my head.

How long have you guys had Netflix on your side of the pond?

Anyone in the UK using it? Got anything obscure to recommend?

Anyone watched these 90s cartoons recently? Lovely memories of youth? Absolute bollocks?

Mad Monster Party is on there.

I've been watching a lot of UK shows actually like Snuff Box, IT Crowd, Black Books, Dr Who. I also wanna check out a show called Luther.

a show called Party Down is on there until the end of the month, it's very funny.

Hobo with a Shotgun, very cool movie

I've been watching it on my phone now too, so for that I usually choose older stuff like Twilight Zone,Creature from the Black Lagoon,Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin movies.

Lots of Anime on there like Trigun, Street Fighter

Lots of SciFi,Horror, CHeesy 80's Movies (Plain Clothes 1988,Fast Break 1979)

Standup-couple David Cross specials on there, I like Dana Gould and Louis CK too (he has a show called LOUIE also awesome)

where are you base Wookie? the UK version has far less than the US version at the moment. They're adding more all the time though, obviously.

do you have Peep Show in the US? I know everything good from over here gets an inadequate US remake.

I know what Ohio is! :biggrin:

glad you like, I'm also glad you like the Inbetweeners, but yeah... the old stuff is the gold stuff.

(getting an idea of what folks are into lets me know whether to take up their recommendations... I think you've passed, cheers :thumbsup: )

Ehh,Here in Canada we have limited internet,at the time of using it last year I went 40gb over my plan because of Netflix,since then it has been banned from my house,I wish they would release a device for Netflix only that uses unlimited 3G,until then I guess I have to keep on dreaming <_<

They have a good selection of cartoons and nerdy shows. I have watched the X-Men, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer cartoons on it. I will need to check out the FF cartoon. Is this the Marvel action hour one that was paired with Iron man or the anime looking one?

Other shows i watched:

The Tick live action - suprisingly good

The Tick cartoon

Robotech

Heroes

Im thinking of watching X-Men Evolution next.

I love Netflix.

I've watched 90s Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Wolverine and the X-Men, 90s X-Men, (most of) Mighty Morphin Power Rangers... I had just finished rewatching X-Men Evolution online before I got my Netflix subscription, so I haven't watched it on there yet, but have seen it recently. I've also started rewatching Street Sharks, Extreme Dinosaurs and I tried the old Hulk cartoon, Silver Surfer, and anime-inspired Fantastic Four, but couldn't get in to any of those. I haven't even tried rewatching Iron Man's cartoon.

I wish they would get Marvel's recent animated movies - Hulk vs, Planet Hulk, Tales of Asgard, etc. They do have some DC ones that are good though.

I also watch a lot of other shows that aren't cartoons on Netflix - there's the Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, American Pickers, Louie, Party Down, Pawn Stars, Futurama ... lots of other stuff. There are some good 80s action movies, some great documentaries... just tons of stuff.

PS - I'm also from Ohio. One of the several United States of America.

• 2 weeks later...