UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Mad Monster Party" - new Diamond license

While no mercy arise has been shown yet, and the word Minimates has not come up yet, Diamond announced they have the licence for the Rankin-Bass stop-motion animated movie "Mad Monster Party". Press release can be seen here. Press release can be seen here.

I'm guessing this will end up being like the Munster license and be action figures and not Minimates, but for the record, I would take Minimates. I like this movie.

Hm... I could see them doing 'mates of these, with standard bodies and oversize sculpted heads like the RGB line. Minimates might be a little blocky for the round, pudgy style of the animation, but it could work.

I wonder if that could open the door to Minimates of other Rankin Bass properties? I certainly wouldn't argue with Minimate Frosty, Kris Kringle, Jack Frost, Snow and Heat Misers...

Edited by Lobsterman

Hm... I could see them doing 'mates of these, with standard bodies and oversize sculpted heads like the RGB line. Minimates might be a little blocky for the round, pudgy style of the animation, but it could work.

I wonder if that could open the door to Minimates of other Rankin Bass properties? I certainly wouldn't argue with Minimate Frosty, Kris Kringle, Jack Frost, Snow and Heat Misers...

No plans at this time, but never say never.

No plans at this time, but never say never.

Wow. Chuck will be so proud. Near perfect immitation.