UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I need opinions

I got it all up in my brain today to do some customizing (you know, like you do) and this is what I got so far:

SupremeWIP.jpg

It's my stab at a fairly in-scale Supreme Intelligence and so far I'm really digging it. But creating the figure was the easy part, it's the presentation that I need some advice on.

What do you think I should use for the water (or water like substance) in his vat? I figure for the vat itself, I'd use a small votive with some 'hi-tech' dressing to make it appear less votive-y and more kree-like. So far I've considered actually putting him in water (but I'm concerned that he'd crumble after too long), putting a gel (the filmmaking kind, not the 'in the hair' kind) on the inside of the vat to look more watery without the potential damage (but I don't know if that would look right), or getting some window paint and coating the inside of the vat with it to create the same look but more streaky. And so, I'm stuck about what the solution should be.

Can any of you give me an insight on what might be the best way to go or give me a better solution? Thanks!

Are you referring to this guy?

mdscntst_ex_one.jpg

Yeah, I used a fake-water gel to mimic the liquid in the container. I have no idea how well it's help up over the years, though.

If I was going to do something like that again, I'd use a fake water that model railroaders use in their displays - something like Magic Water or Realistic Water. If you can, I'd visit a local hobby shop, explain what you're trying to do and see if they could recommend something.