UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lantern - The Animated Series

dj87

any one watch this?

While I'm not expecting anything near Batman, this was ok... I enjoyed the double episode, and will continue to watch. I'm trying not to jump to too many conclusions after essentially 2 episodes.

The use of the Red Lanterns was strange, even before yellow. There was no sign of Sinestro at all, so I'm not sure what they're doing there. I'd like to see him green for at least the first series. The reds also didn't act anything like you'd expect from them, they way they behaved and things played out, they really seem to be going for Green v Red being like Jedi v Sith, or even more so... Autobots v Deceptions.

I haven't really read any spoilers for the series, so have no idea what to expect. Personally I'd have saved other colours for subsequent series, and had a big Sinestro turn towards the end of this one. There are enough classic villains and other space based threats for now. I can see this turning, essentially, into GL: The Clone Wars, which would be a shame.

I'm also surprised how quickly I didn't notice the CG. I was far from impressed by all the promo stuff, but it was all so much more impressive in motion.

Missed it the other day but I'm sure they'll rerun it. Is this series part of the DCAU or separate?

There was no sign of Sinestro at all, so I'm not sure what they're doing there. I'd like to see him green for at least the first series.

If I remember right, the producers were asked (by WB?) not to include him in this series; I'm sure something to do with the movie franchise.

I see, well... no Sinestro, no yellow rings I guess. What a shambles though, a series exploring the GL mythos, but oh no... no Sinestro.

Not sure about continuity, Bruce Timm is involved (producer, I think), so I would have thought so... though I'm not sure where it fits in. I know people reference the Animated Universe, but I still consider Batman and Superman as stand alone projects, Batman in particular, such a period piece.

I was able to catch the World Premiere at NYCC, and stuck around for the Bruce Timm Q & A (my inner child was squealing).

While he did ask we do not to repeat anything, let's just say that there's a lot of good things from the GL Mythos to come. Timm has a great handle on where's he taking this, from the plot points he could hint at. :thumbsup:

Oh, and he did say that it fits into the BTAS STAS Universe, but don't expect too many DC Crossovers as it occurs mostly in space (when pressed further he said "fine...well maybe one. But that's all i'm saying.)

Just watched it online. It was ok. Me not knowing much about the different lanterns will make it a bit harder to follow I guess and the space setting kinda rules out any GL foes I may know from the older comics I remember. I will stick with it as I would say any superhero cartoon on TV/internet has got to be better then none.

good to hear TTF, though while I love Timm's art, that isn't enough for me to be convinced this'll be a success. I'll be as diplomatic as possible and say JLU and Batman Beyond were not... very good. I thoroughly enjoyed Superman, while no one can say Batman was anything short of a masterpiece (though that is down to Dini's writing, he really did do all the best episodes).

got to say, you've summed it up perfectly for me MiniFiend, 'ok'. Not really interested in the other colours, and the whole war of light was rather naff. If we regularly see classic Earth based villains, I'll really get in to this... though I can't see that happening.

I'm certainly going to give it more than 1 or 2 episodes to decide though.