UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Little mates

Bob Harris

I was in Singapore two months ago browsing the Official DC Merchandise shop in Bugis station. These little critters were there and when I inquired how much, the seller responded with four-nine-nine (in SGD of course).

While not cheap, they were affordable so I excitedly asked them for the Big 7. Unfortunately, the line has yet to produce Aquaman. So I settled for 6 pieces (I didn't care for Catwoman, Hawkgirl, etc.). The sellers seem to be ecstatic at my impending purchase. I told them to wait while I browse for some more items. My friend then arrived and while still not finished selecting other stuff, I hurriedly pointed her to my cute finds.

What was before an exciting discovery turned to slight embarrassment. Upon checking the bottom of the packages, the price read forty-nine point nine.

Yowza! :blink:

50 dollars for two inches of plastic?!?!* :yucky:

I just admitted that I heard them wrong and said that I won't buy any of them and will just settle for a shirt.

In hindsight and after a quick ebay browse, the store should be the one who should feel embarrassed as they overpriced the product. :(

Anyway, just sharing an anecdote involving little mates. I still want them as I am learning that Marvel has tons of toylines in the cuteness scale. My marvel heroes need some DC counterparts.

*I do recognize that for minimates, 50 dollars is not something surprising. :)

Edited by warburger

<Higgins> Good GOD!</Higgins>

It's official, WB/DC will officially spend money on any stupid looking little do-dad except more minimates! Don't bother suing over the name, they'll be broke soon enough. These aren't as insulting as Blammoids or Squatz, but they are still silly looking.

p.s. good to see you, NR.

Edited by Mirymate

bhm :stick: mm

Yeeees Siiiir. Wee'll Staahp.

(just please put the cane down!)