UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Summer Movies '11: The Best and Worst

Punisher

I have just been to see Hugo and have to say it may not be the best film I see all year but it for me is a must see for anyone with an interest in film or movies.

The trailers and movie posters seem to put this over as a kids film, well its not the visuals are gorgeous at times and maybe able to keep kids attention but the story could just baffle them at the same time.

No spoilers but if you like films and I mean that in the broad sense I would recommend this.

My favorites from the summer in no particular order.

Captain America, I let myself get very, very excited for this movie and it did not disappoint me in any way. Loved it zero complaints.

X-Men: First Class, Had zero expectations for this one and it really knocked it out of the park. Great character development. This movie actually turned Magneto into one of my favorite Marvel baddies.

Final Destination 5, I love this series, easily the best horror franchise to hit the scene in the past 20 years. I don't want to spoil it for any one who has not seen it but I gotta say. Single best sequel tie in I've ever seen. The end had me howling with laughter when they gave up the reveal on the twist. Just awesome!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Best movie to happen to this franchise since the original. Awesome re-boot I hope this franchise continues with this story line. Lithgow was spectacular in this.

The Bad:

Transformers 3, Wow I mean I could hardly sit through this. The first 2 I admit I really kind of enjoyed. In fact they really surprised me with how good they were. I couldn't help thinking the 3rd one fell flat on its face.

Green Lantern, GL is easily one of the 2 characters I really enjoy from DC (Flash is the other) and I do applaud DC for making a go of it in the movie realm with some body besides Supey or Bats. This fell down 100% though, total suck.

Cowboys vs. Aliens, Wow for all the big time talent in this flick, total disappointment. The story was thin and the pacing was very slow with lack luster performances from everyone involved. Fail.

Edited by BannersID

Best

Super 8

X-Men First Class

Captain America

Thor

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Worst

Green Lantern

Conan the Barbarian

Cowboys and Aliens

Transformers 3

This poll will need to be expanded to simply be a best and worst of ALL of 2011 as I just saw Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows last night and it was AWESOME and is definitely one of the best movies of the year!