UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Warmin' the pegs...

Lobsterman

The TRU in my neck of the woods doesn't have its own minimate section, but my heart is warmed by the amount of minimates there. New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, and Darktide all together in the Marvel action figure area. Speed Racer swelling to two pegs in the random anime and figures section. Ultimate Avengers 2 over in the DVD section. If Street Fighter shows up soon, then I may just have heart failure from the love minis are getting again. How long its been since I've had so many to choose from? C3, LotR, and the original Marvel 4-packs?

the speed racer and street fighter minis are in the clearance isle at a few of my local TRU's (though not actually ON clearance), so I assume they aren't selling too well.

the marvel minimates are in the marvel action figure section though

They don't seem to be moving at all at my TRU(unless they are being "refilled"...but I doubt it). I've contemplated picking a few up to stimulate sales, but I honestly can't bring myself to do it since they are the same figures from the DST series(minus Nick Fury,etc.). Perhaps the Christmas season will help move some of these, I do really want the MK pack.

I think it'd help move product faster if these were mere acessible.

By this I mean whether it be TRU or Target I always have to search for them. They're always sitting somewhere odd, and unless you were looking for them, you'd never see them.

Maybe there would be less peg warmers if this were the case. Someone please buy those Sue/Things. lol

I agree that they would move should they be more accessable. But, they have to have a reason to be more accessable. It's the chicken and the egg, really. If AA/DST could push the product better, then it would get more attention from retail outlets, but in order to push sales, the retail outlets have to take notice. I think if we could get a couple killer waves out to a mass market, it could really give minimates the boost it needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that this is really important, but I wanted to rant, so here goes: My local Target has had the same 5 Fantastic Four 2 packs forever. I know that they are the same ones because the packages are very worn in specific areas. I've tried to wait patiently for GSX packs to show up, but to date there has been nothing. So I decided to buy the last of the Fantastic Four packs (all 5) for customs or whatnot, thinking this might speed things along. So I stop by Target today and what is sitting on the shelf? Another half dozen Fantastic Four 2 packs! These things are never going away.

• 1 month later...

Last I checked, the New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men sets had sold out at my TRU. Darktide seems to have sold pretty well too. The Ultimate Avengers 2 DVD though, they're collecting dust. I think they could have picked a better DVD to pair those figures with, but I imagine it still helped move some discs and some minimates somewhere.

Target seems to be constantly restocking the 2-packs now. Is it just my Target, or does it seem that the Ghost Rider/Daredevil 2-pack is the short pack of the bunch? Everytime I've been, they've only had one on the peg (and I get it every time).

So, what we are dealing with here are a bunch of silly Toys R Us managers who do not know how to stock a shelf, or sell a product. Stores love small items with rather large price points. They should be figuring out a way to present all of the Minimates together, not separate them by types. At one of my local TRUs they hardly have anything MM related. At the other, they have a pretty good selection, but they are on little endcap extensions hanging off the side. It is not good business to present a product as an afterthought. If TRU wants to sell the products, they really need to step-up. It is no wonder there are less and less TRUs every year.

Target seems to be constantly restocking the 2-packs now. Is it just my Target, or does it seem that the Ghost Rider/Daredevil 2-pack is the short pack of the bunch? Everytime I've been, they've only had one on the peg (and I get it every time).

Just curious - why are you buying multiples of this set?

Not sure if you've noticed, Canonball, but he does alot of customs. Which is most likely why he buys extras, not to mention most of the members are either completist or buy extras to help out other folks going through a dry spell or that don't have a Target near them.