UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney Vinylmation

blacksun1520

So I just got back from my family vacation to Disney World, it was my first time and we had a blast! The kids couldn't get enough of Space Mountain or Expedition Everest! And of course, I found something to temporarily take the place of my minimate addiction... Disney Vinylmation firures :P These little guys just caught my eye and I had to have some. At $10 each for a 3 inch figure, I had to limit myself and try to trade to get the ones I really wanted. Anyway, here are some pics of the merch:

A cool urban style with Asian writing:

post-560-1275007741_thumb.jpg

post-560-1275008252_thumb.jpg

Glass half full... or half empty:

post-560-1275008277_thumb.jpg

post-560-1275008300_thumb.jpg

They have a Muppets line, and here is Dr. Bunsen:

post-560-1275008326_thumb.jpg

post-560-1275008367_thumb.jpg

And my favorite, which I hunted for the entire vacation, driving my family nuts in the process, a Multiverse-esque figure:

post-560-1275008392_thumb.jpg

post-560-1275008417_thumb.jpg

Anyone else collect these?

BS

My wife and I bought 4 of the solid colored clears when we were down there last summer. I think we ended up getting black, orange, yellow, and light blue. I also remember Bob Harris (where has that guy been lately) using one for the hunt.

• 1 month later...

I just bought 2 3 inch packs.They where wave 1's american flag and the chase for wave 4 I call him the "kungaloosh"Just because it says kungaloosh at the back of his head.I also got a the 1 inch key chain pack which I did not open yet.I am not the biggest fan of the kungaloosh variant so I might wanna trade it to someone in downtown disney before I leave in 3 days.So my question is,does anybody know how much figures I can get if I trade a variant for norms?

When I was at Disneyland a couple of months ago I noticed that they had Muppets in the vinyl figure style.

I only wanted a Swedish Chef (bork bork bork) so we we're planning on buying 1 pack, and hoping for the best.

So we had our oldest son Shawn pick the box that we were going to buy.

He picked the Swedish Chef :D

A friend recently gifted me with one of these, my first. I'm pleasantly surprised. In the category of Dunny collecting, these get my highest marks. Maybe even better than Dunnys, despite the Mouse outline.

Where can you find these? They look awesome!

You can get them in downtown disney in orlando florida and maybe a local disney store{I have to check when I come back from my trip}Also you can get them from there site

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/vinylmation/

OH AND FOR THE NEWS:http://www.vinylnation.net/

Edited by darkredshdow

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the necro,but last week I went to a local disney store looking for the classic minimate set,they did not have the classic hero set,but the had vinylmations!As of last week they have Toy Story 3,Nightmare Before Christmas and have a laugh!So stoked to have these in canada!I picked up a Toy Story 3 set and got bullseye{who is my fav toy story charecter}and Next time I go I am gonna get jack skellington and zero since they are not in blind packs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

On our most recent trip to Disney World I picked up a few more of these little guys. I was extremely lucky in that I got the 2 that I wanted the most, and another cool one in a trade. I barely had to hunt these down, I only traded 3 times and the 2 I was really looking for I got right out of the box. On our last day we rode Star Tours one last time, and on the way out I picked up the only Star Wars vinylmation of our trip, and what do I find in the box, but DARTH VADER!! There are only 2 stores in all of Disney World that sell the Star Wars vinylmations, and on my one and only try, I got the only one I wanted! I opened it in the store, and the people working there looked shocked when they saw what I got :biggrin: Here are some pics:

BS

post-560-0-20315600-1308330199_thumb.jpg

post-560-0-06638100-1308330212_thumb.jpg

post-560-0-70628700-1308330224_thumb.jpg

Edited by blacksun1520

My wife has become completely obsessed with these! She goes to trading events at the local Disney store, when we went to Disneyland a few weeks back we hit every trading spot several times. My wife has upwards of 80 of these and my kids have a few each as well. It is nice that my wife has something like this that is comparable to what I love. My sister-in-law went to Disneyland two weeks ago and came back with an entire case of Star Wars vinylmations so we got the entire set of those including the super chaser ghost of Obi-wan!

• 2 years later...