UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More Giant Size X-men at Target

Lobsterman

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Reily and Sandman too cool.

They are all kinda pointless for me. I want something new. I already have these five fold.

Great for people still looking for them, new fans, and custom fodder.

5.99 x 3 packs = 17.95 plus tax. Not bad to get 5 out of 6 GSXM.

If you mean Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, then look no further than the New Avengers 4-pack, though she has a different facial expression, it seems. If you mean Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman/Arachne, then no, she'll never be rereleased due to her variant status. Odd choice limiting yourself from an entire character, especially since she's more prominent in Civil War than Jess.

But given she came out over a year before Civil War even started, understandable. Not to mention that Spidey's choice of upcoming post Civil War/third movie tie-in costume is another chase that people would kill even more for than Julia...

I guess the Giant X-Men box is/was still just a retailer exclusive (Diamond) and thus doesn't breach their rules about no chase re-releases, but it has given it a big old shake.

Hard to tell without having the mates here in front of me, but it looks like the paint apps are slightly different on Storm and Cyc. Cyc's blue seems slightly lighter and the red on the visor seems a little skimped. Storm's details on her headdress also seems slimmer. Her skin may be slightly darker too, though I'm not certain. And I wouldn't be surprised if Colossus has C3 feet under those mammoth boots.

EDIT: And Ben Reilly looks a darker red too. Again, this could all be factory mishaps or issues with camera flash.

For the people who have found these, had your Target stores already sold through the solid case of Wolverine/Iceman, or were these alongside those? The solid case is moving slowly at my Target, so I don't know if I should be expecting the other sets soon or not.

That's a good question. Is Wolvy/Inceman included in this case? otherwise, the ratio will be way off.

PHXNCSCBS.jpg

Oooo..Pretty Here are all the 2 packs in the case. Notice the Blue Suit Professor X! Sorry folks I can't confirm it because I only have two and one is reserved. :P Here is the case breakdown:

2 x Dark Phoenix/Professor X

4 x Ben Reilly Spider-man/Sandman

3 x Nightcrawler/Colossus

3 x Storm/Cylops

That covers the 12 Total. What I do find interesting is that they too did not have Wolverine/Iceman packs. :blink: Not a single one. Noticing that every store I've been too in North Chicago has at least 2 cases of Wolverine/Iceman packs and not this assortment makes it a little concerning. I want more Nightcrawler/Colossus and Blue Suit Prof X! They only had one case of the new sets. :( You'd think we'd see it the other way around. Hopefully it's just a matter of time that all stores carry both assortments. I'll keep you guys updated of any new developments.

B-buh-buh-BLUE?! *crosses fingers* Pleasecomewithcerebros! Pleasecomewithcerebros! Pleasecomewithcerebros!

Man, I will be getting the phenoix/pof x one, simply because of the diffrence. However, I keep saying this, but I want them to clearence. I'm not willing to spend $7 on them when I've alreay got them. Sorry, but getting the entire FF wave for $0.25 apice really spoiled me.

Man, this is insane. Good thing I already have most of them, but this is awesome. Looks like AA heard our pleas after all!

And these are supposed to be carried in all Target stores, right?

Targets are a strange animal. They keep the stock in the back and only take more product out when the shelves are running low. It took my local Target to come out with the Gajin/Spidey packs about 2 months after the news broke out because they still were putting out stock. I hope it's just a matter of time that all Targets carry both assortments.

I just found it odd that out of 4 inner-city stores all of them only 2 Wolvie/Iceman cases and nothing else. the outer city store that had these only had this one case and no Wolvie/Iceman packs like the original poster of the news. I had someone check the back and they could not find any. Either they were all scooped up or they have not gotten them in.

Has anyone out there found both assortments in the same store?