UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Repacked Galactic Heroes

gambitron

So I collect Galactic Heroes 1-because I am a SW fanatic and 2-because they are a great starter toy for my kids to get into SW stuff. Recently they have started releasing sets in Diorama scenes. These are cool sets but ultimately frustrating to someone like me who already has a sizable collection and so usually 3/4 of each of these sets are figures that I already have. However being a completist I want to get the new unique figures in each set so I end up having a bunch of extras.

I was happy that they are finally releasing more ships in the line like the Jedi Starfighter that I just got. However the cockpit in this ship is big enough to fit 3 or 4 figures which is ridiculous. The set also says it comes with a battle droid and it did not so I sent Hasbro an e-mail and they are sending a figure to me (great and quick customer service response from them).

My most recent frustration was a new set with the Dewback which had yet another Han and Chewbacca with a couple of Stormtroopers (although that isn't as bad because having a bunch of those makes sense). Then I got the Jabba the Hutt set and the Mos Eisley Cantina sets all of which were filled with duplicate figures. I understand that these sets are great ways for new people to start collecting who may have missed some of the older figures but man oh man does this sort of thing piss me off.

Being a completist is almost always going to mean frustrations of one kind or another. I have considered getting some of the dioramas for my Star Wars Kubricks, but the overly cutesy nature of those things just doesn't work for me.

Edited by karamazov80

I've said before that if Minimates didn't exist, I'd be gung-ho into Galactic Heroes and all the other properties in the same style.

Gambitron, when you find yourself with unwanted multiples, consider selling them in bulk lots on eBay - you probably won't get what you originally paid, but you'll at least get back some cash. Or, consider donating them to Goodwill or Toys For Tots. You won't get anything for them besides warm, fuzzy feelings, and isn't that what toys are all about?

• 2 weeks later...

Gambittron, if you could post picks that would be great! :biggrin: :D

Gambittron, if you could post picks that would be great! :biggrin: :D

Sorry I got on the ball and listed and sold most of them on a local sell site and then my son gave some to a friend so problem solved for now. If I get any more extras I will post pics then!