Who's going back?

Logan

Yes or No?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going back?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still thinking about it.

Brandon was/is about as much of an AA employee as myself, Lurch, Don, PL and Gardi.

I thought he was somehow more directly connected...

The one thing that bothers me was the fact that it was monkey13 who brought our attention to the Bad Apple Comics exclusives. AA knows that we all clammer to hear anything about Minimates and here was a perfect opportunity to throw us a bone and they didn't.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the early days, Manny & Adam were frequent visitors. Manny left AA, but Adam was a rare but still visible visitor. News was never forthcoming on any level.

Matt and Chuck are both good guys. I think they would be willing to give us little tidbits of news if asked nicely. Hopefully, we can harass them at SDCC.

Speaking of the old AACC, I found my membership card a few days ago. If anyone wants to see it, I can give it a scan for kicks.

News was never forthcoming on any level.

That's the problem as far as I'm concerned. We might be the vocal minority but we are also rabid fans who throw thousands of dollars back into the company. How hard would it be for AA to post news when they have some? And I'm not talking about behind-the-scenes info either -- just simple stuff like 'Hey, we've got a new exclusive"...

I agree with you Fujis and that was always my argument. Unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears.

I will throw up a scan of my AACC card tonight.

I know I kinda hated having to find the new news on my own or hear about it from you guys. AA should've had someone tell us about thier new products and stuff like that. It would have saved alot of hassle on Google, MSN Search. etc.

Well we have a new forum and a new start... They know we're here, well Adam certainly does, Ok'd the T-Shirt design for starters..

Lets see if we cannot entice Adam/Chuck to come visit and maybe even do a limited Q&A like before, I'm sure they could spare a few minutes every other month if asked nicely.

There's also the fact that we aren't a part of AA's websites anymore and they owe us nothing so we have to play nice or they will get fedup and leave pretty quickly, would you stay somewhere you didn't have to be and listen to crap if you didn't have to?

I guess our next step is for Shane and I to do some shmoozing at SDCC and see if we cant get them onboard in some way or another.

T.

You know, I'm kind on the fence on this one. This must be the thread Cappy was talking about, where everyone was talking to me and I wasn't even registered yet :huh: AA's Forum was my first community, I've met some great folks there. Which is why I got involved with the forum as a forum leader. But like Ady, that kind of bit me in the butt. As Ady pointed out, Brandon is as much a employee of AA as the rest of us were(which is to say we weren't ;)). While I applaud his and everyone else's efforts, I think it was a little too late.

As far as the lack of input from AA in their own forums? I'm always suprised at that one, since we've been buying product manufactured from them, but distributed by others :mellow: As I said to another member recently in a e-mail...I think AA will eventually bring the forum back once they've got their mission statement down and have decided on whether their a toy company or design group. For all we know they might go the Neal Adams way and start a marketing company. But as long as they're signing NDA(Non-disclosure agreements), there will be little need for a forum.

As Jules and most of you have pointed out, there are plenty of places to hang our hats. For Trekkers there's Fwoosh, Fatheadcookies site, and TrekUnited, not to mention smaller boards like Points of Articulation. For Minimate fans, look no further than what Ady and his motley crew of pirates have come up with. While I wish Adam and AA all the best, I agree with Shanester, I think this is a huge relief for them to not have a forum. Now they can concentrate on what they do best, put out some of the best lines out there :D

This is a bit bizarre....... :blink:

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...?ubb=forum&f=11

I was just checking out some old news at Trekweb.com and found an old article from 2002 about Art Asylum releasing the first pics of the Nemesis wave of characters. I clinked on the link they gave to the pictures, and that is what I got. It's the original FORUM domain, which still recognises me and I am still logged in as JulesLuvsShinzon...........how bizarre is that? :blink:

And for those of you who want to feel a bit nostalgic...(URL supplied by Vulcanfanatic)

http://web.archive.org/web/20041009124337/.../ultimatebb.cgi

Those were vintage days indeed! Did you see who was logged in at the time?? ULAN!!! :o And it appears that I've just had the last toot on a political thread in Day Pass!! ;)

^^^Oh my!! :o

Could you really? LOL!! That would really upset AA wouldn't it!! That really would be a case of the lunatics taking over the Asylum!!

I think it is indeed very strange ~ and not a little spooky! :unsure:

^^^Oh my!! :o

Could you really? LOL!! That would really upset AA wouldn't it!! That really would be a case of the lunatics overtaking the Asylum!!

I think it is indeed very strange ~ and not a little spooky! :unsure:

Yeah I still have full acess to everything under AA.com

I had bugger all access to the newer boards as they were on http://70.85.44.56/forum/ as opposed to the AA.com server

If the forum ever comes back... then maybe, Im gonna continue to buy the AA Star Trek line, but whether Tk returns to the Forum is another matter, found a new place to call home.

cheers,

Totalus

God, I wish that Ulan's name could just be forgotten about. Why someone always feels the need to throw this name into the race I can never understand. While there are still some of us that remember the name, doesn't mean we want to be reminded of it :rolleyes: I think this is where AA and whomever takes over as forum leaders is going to have a problem. It doesn't matter if you start from scratch with the post counts or reduce the amount of subforums there, there's always going to be someone who remembers Ulan, the AACC or some other low point of the forum, no matter what they collect :mellow: As I and others have pointed out, there's really no big need for the forum, it's just the nostalgia of it we miss. Trust me, I've met up with most of the members in some forum or another across the www ;)

I agree with the comments about baggage for the most part Don.

Although I think for the most part we left a LOT of that baggage behind at AA, I think Ulan has become a 'by name' for Troll on here rather than a living legend...

Of course you discussing why he keeps being brought back up does exactly the same as someone mentioning him.... ;)

In time if no one makes a fuss then that sort of stuff will fade.....

T.

Sorry to bring it up, but what exactly did Ulan do?

Yeah, because I brought his name up TBT :rolleyes: Sorry for voicing my frustrations on this, but I've been to at least 4 different forums that his name has been mentioned and it's tiresome <_< Especially since most don't even have all of the information on the situation, since most of it happened on the AACC side of things. Logan, feel free to pm me and I'll feel you in on the whole fiasco. There's really no reason to bring this up in the new forum, since it's all just negative mojo for the most part and this place is about the positive mojo ;)

And you have a reply ;) Now if you'll excuse me my chores await :lol:

Forgive me Ady for what I'm about to write...

If there was anything that would get me to join, I guess this is as good a subject as any. Since Ulan is probably not going to join to defend himself, I might as well step into the breech...

Yeah, because I brought his name up TBT :rolleyes: Sorry for voicing my frustrations on this, but I've been to at least 4 different forums that his name has been mentioned and it's tiresome <_< Especially since most don't even have all of the information on the situation, since most of it happened on the AACC side of things. Logan, feel free to pm me and I'll feel you in on the whole fiasco. There's really no reason to bring this up in the new forum, since it's all just negative mojo for the most part and this place is about the positive mojo ;)

Oh please. :rolleyes: Get overyourself Don. Ulan didn't do anything to you - quit defending the old group. This isn't the official AA forum - let it go.

There was bad blood between Tim and Ulan - we've only heard Tim's side of things - not Ulan's, so anything Tim says is from Tim's POV - it's important to keep that in mind. Ulan spoke out against Tim and the AACC. He was also quite vocal about how AA was running/not running the website - constant promises of updates that never materialized, constant promises about exclusive info coming from AA more frequently (yet, somehow other sites always got the scoop first...), etc.

Tim was no angel - he abandoned the AACC when things got out of control. He didn't respond to several emails and PM's from AACC members (yes, I was one of them) and then got upset when I reported him to Paypal for not mailing my membership stuff. He proceeded to get snippy after the exclusives I purchased were sent - almost like I was the one being a d!ck for expecting to get something for my $$. Imagine that. :blink:

Point is, Ulan might have been a lot of things - antagonistic, abrasive, intimidating, etc - but - if you posessed half a brain while posting, he wouldn't bother you in the least.

BTW, just so this is on topic, I won't be going back to AA's site - much less any future forum. I can get my news elsewhere. (I've been doing that for the past 2 year, why stop now?)

*back to lurking*