UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cuboyds

Shanester

Well this is news to me. Hmmm.

Looks a lot like a Shockini to me. Or the love child of a Shockini and a Stikfa. (Speaking of which, should we invite Geoff into this new forum?) I can only wonder why? What niche do these fill?

I cooled on Stikfas because joint issues seemed to be getting more common. But I suppose I must hunt down a Cuboyd now (my compulsion tells me to)

Are these even out yet?

I remember BannyJ saying in a Toyfare awhile back that they were working with Hewlett Packard on designing a printer that would allow you to print right on these little guys. That would be so flippin' cool.

Both BigBadToyStore and YouBuyNow have them listed as "in stock".

TBT, finding decent pics of these has been tough. Even the company website is kind of lame... http://www.cuboyds.com That alone would scare me off if they weren't from an established company.

Going to have to order a couple just to get a decent look-see...

(Speaking of which, should we invite Geoff into this new forum?)

Seen as I am IP Banned at his, I vote no.

Want me to go over and sign up as Andy Canter and watch him freakout :P

As for those cuboids, damn they'e ugly... :P:)

T.

(Speaking of which, should we invite Geoff into this new forum?)

Seen as I am IP Banned at his, I vote no.

Ah, once again I missed a falling out. (I do so love living in ignorance! :) )

Don't worry, Ady, I choose you any day!

I just recieved a shipment of Cuboyds, I like them but I'm not sure what I'm goning to do with them. :blink:

How about give us a quick review? :)

Let us know how tey compare to regular stickfas, Kinis and minimates etc :)

Welcome to the forum K7A :)

T.

Well, I havent had a chance to customize any yet, but from the start I do like them.

Compared to other figures there are a couple of sticking points in extreme poses due mainly to the cube shape.

The joints themselves are pretty smooth.

For my money they will never replace Stikfas but will become a nice companion piece.

I cant give a fair comparison to minimates as only on one.

They have better articulation than Shockinis but are similerly limited by the blocky shapes, however side by side they really don't look all that much alike.

cubemates.jpg

cubestikers.jpg

So minivenom, a local comic store has these in stock, I'm going to buzz out tomorrow (Monday) and buy a couple. Should I pick up an extra one for you? You can take your pick of colors from those that I receive...

Okay, I picked up a couple of Cuboyds and... they're small. I expected them to about Stikfas size, but no, they're much closer 6 cm high.

Cuboyd1.jpg

Cuboyd2.jpg

For further size comparisons, the Amazing Block Figure Line-Up has been updated. ;)

Overall, if you know Stikfas, you now Cuboyds. The plastic and joint quality is the same.

I'm just not sure what the intent of these little guys is. Blind packaged like Kubrick or Qees, they're not artsy enough to be collector toys. They don't strike me as being cute enough to stand on there own.

Seems to me they should be packaged in blister packs and sold as Stikfas accessories.

I wanted some at first. Not so sure now.

You are IP baned from Geoff's site? On purpose?

Yeah he dislikes me, although after reading what happened to the last person who did his website Im kinda glad he went strange and IP banned me, then denyed doing it and other random insanity.

Yeah, too blocky for my taste. And Cappy, you're Amazing Block Figure Line-Up won't let me drag and drop anything. Nice pics BTW.

The drag-n-drop thing is a Java script, so you have to make sure you have Java scripts enabled in your Internet Explorer options.

And I'm told it only works with IE. Although why Firefox or Opera running Java shouldn't work, I don't, I thought Java was supposed to be universal? I'm just a user, not really a programmer.

That's pretty cool, Kel. Did the regular figure come with the extra arm pieces, or did you have to use another kit? What do these come with "out of the box"? Any pics of a full unbuilt kit that you could post?

That's pretty cool, Kel. Did the regular figure come with the extra arm pieces, or did you have to use another kit? What do these come with "out of the box"? Any pics of a full unbuilt kit that you could post?

I used the arm bits form 3 figures, for this custom. The wings and eyes are Stikfas bits.

I posted a picture of the 4 current colors and Stiker sheet.

A single figure consist of one pre-assembled figure with stiker sheet.

I will be using Cuboyds mostly as accessories for my Stikfas customs. I feel the more blocky figure (any brand) tend to look more robotic. Thats not a put down to block figures, until I began collecting Stikfas I had no idea there were so many types available. It was the stylized human shape I saw in a print ad that hooked me on Stikfas.