UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

skrull invasion Disscussion

Aapje

hey guys,

i just finished reading Illuminati #5 and ive come to some conclusion......i already read something of the likes of this, here look:

well ive read something on wikipedia that amazed me for a while

well a time ago(a week or something) ive read in the wiki page of CW something about some dude who had something to matter with the civil war prequels or something

but heres something ive caught about it:

that tony stark and another dude(dont remember if it was mr fantastic or hank pym or someone else) that they were replaced by skrull clones

more i cant remember(dammit, stupid me)

but now it seems to be removed so now im kinda confused

dont depend on that cause u know wikipedia, its not always right(like the marvel ultimate alliance thing)

srry about all the vague-ness btw

i mean look at the date of that comment

maybe they already planned it back than and it leaked out but i remember it got deleted the next day

but what do yall think?

so now weve got

black bolt and elektra as skrulls and seen some skrulls that look like thor and a mix of collosus nightcrawler maybe wolverine and cyclopse

whos a skrull and whos not?

and why?

It's reasonable to assume that Skrulls have infiltrated just about every team and collection of power in the Marvel Universe. I doubt the New Avengers are affected, as they are not a seat of power nor are they officially sanctioned, which explains why they were the ones able to crack the case wide open. No Skrulls to divert their attention.

Things we know about the new Skrulls is that they can't be detected by psychic ability nor scanners, which most likely indicates that most magical means are useless as well. After all, they did study all of Earth's most powerful heroes back in Illuminati #1. They can possess the powers of the people they have infiltrated as well. That being said, most anyone could be a Skrull at this point, with the exception of Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. IM's too obvious a choice, given his recent dickery. Spidey and Wolvie are Marvel's bread and butter and appear in far too many books to have been replaced. We also can determine that Steve Rogers wasn't a Skrull, so no one will be bringing him back via that method. They showed the corpse and Elektra reverted to Skrull form, so it is reasonable to assume so would Cap.

Captain Marvel's new book suggests that he isn't a Skrull, for they're going to explore him having the knowledge that he will die at a predetermined point in his future.

It also seems likely that anyone having their own book that features exploits of them on a team will not be Skrull, as they cannot explain the inner dialogue of character specific thoughts when they can't deny that the person was ever on a team. For instance, we get the inner workings of Ms Marvel's mind in her book and also see her working with Mighty Avengers from time to time. So the Ms. Marvel in Mighty Avengers must be real if the Ms. Marvel in her own book is real.

The question is how much time the Skrulls have spent masquerading as the heroes they appear as? I doubt Black Bolt has been a Skrull since Illuminati 1, especially given events like Silent War and World War Hulk. Most likely after the events of WWH and SW, he was replaced for the meeting in issue 5 of Illuminati, which wouldn't be hard, considering he's rotting in a cell in Atilla.

Things we know about the new Skrulls is that they can't be detected by psychic ability nor scanners, which most likely indicates that most magical means are useless as well. After all, they did study all of Earth's most powerful heroes back in Illuminati #1. They can possess the powers of the people they have infiltrated as well. That being said, most anyone could be a Skrull at this point, with the exception of Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine. IM's too obvious a choice, given his recent dickery. Spidey and Wolvie are Marvel's bread and butter and appear in far too many books to have been replaced. We also can determine that Steve Rogers wasn't a Skrull, so no one will be bringing him back via that method. They showed the corpse and Elektra reverted to Skrull form, so it is reasonable to assume so would Cap.

The question is how much time the Skrulls have spent masquerading as the heroes they appear as? I doubt Black Bolt has been a Skrull since Illuminati 1, especially given events like Silent War and World War Hulk. Most likely after the events of WWH and SW, he was replaced for the meeting in issue 5 of Illuminati, which wouldn't be hard, considering he's rotting in a cell in Atilla.

During his time as Death, Wolverine is replaced on the X-Men by a Skrull impostor, with the switch having being made during a X-Men mission on a moon, which served as a base for Skrull agents training to act as long-term impostors for Earth's heroes, so i think thats why he cannot be skrull cause they played that trick already but maybe they where already training for the invasion on earth that time.

i think its safe to assume the heroes of the Annihilation wave are not affected cause the skrull where effected too

but i think some "minor" heroes who dont have a series of their own or heroes that thought long gone but recently resurfaced could be switched cause maybe they dont appear as much as they do or act too suspicious.

and there according to some sources it will have a great impact on the initiative so maybe some councelers are skrull too

i totally suspect norman osborn of being a skrull cause he creeps me out :P

AND i think fury was absend all the time cause he was infiltrating the skrulls or being abducted himself

I think Jessica Jones is a very likely candidate for being a Skrull, mostly because of what was said in this weeks New Avengers. Subtle, but telling...

Jessica acts all giddy and says "Can I work on figuring it out too?" and Luke just says "You're a Private Eye, you should already been working on this" which gives Jessica a really shocked look... but it's true. All through out Alias she was digging and researching and being a detective... and suddenly she doesn't do that anymore? It's supposed to be in her blood.

That makes me think she's a skrull.

• 2 weeks later...

ive read something about doc doom lately

here it is:

in new avengers it is reveald that doc doom is behind the symbiote invasion in new york and that the mighty avengers will lead shield forces to latveria to go after him but in issue 9 of the mighty avengers it has been hinted that that is not the true doc doom, it can be another doom bot but with the events of the skrull invasion coming up i think that hes a skrull

Hank Pym maybe? He would be an easy one t take as a Skrull. No single book, no life, supporter of SHRA, ad an inner worker for SHIELD. He did build a super-suit for them. He also is a Hero Traier for the Initiative. If I was a Skrull invasion planner, I would use Hank Pym. He is a nobody in a high place. Prime target.

Here's a few key Skrull issues coming up soon under the Infultration banner.

Mighty Avengers #7

New Avengers #38 #39

The Initiative Annual #1

Captain Marvel #4 #5

Ms. Marvel #25 - #27

I'd say it wouldn't be presumtious to think characters appearing somewhere amongst these arcs are skrulls.

I think the Doom who released the Venom bomb is a Skrull there's definatley a Skrull on the Initiative team!!

Here's a few key Skrull issues coming up soon under the Infultration banner.

Mighty Avengers #7

New Avengers #38 #39

The Initiative Annual #1

Captain Marvel #4 #5

Ms. Marvel #25 - #27

I'd say it wouldn't be presumtious to think characters appearing somewhere amongst these arcs are skrulls.

I think the Doom who released the Venom bomb is a Skrull there's definatley a Skrull on the Initiative team!!

Pym. Definately Pym.

Pym. Definately Pym.

Yeah, you've got me convinced... or am i?

He was in a position of influence during Civil War, but Trahma used his powers on him recently to become a battered Janet Pym.

I'd doubt this is what the "Skrull's" biggest fear would be? Also he did ride that space ship kamikaze style into the ground a few issues ago in The Initiative, saving the day and nearly not coming out of it in one piece... or maybe he didn't... is that when they switched!

Ahhh, thinking about this for too long can cause headaches. Hope they've thought all this switching places through, i'm not quite convinced.

Black Bolt for example. was it the Skrull Black Bolt in Secret War and World War Hulk?

Hopefully when Secret Invasion comes out, they'll explain when everyone who got switched... was switched!?

I think Black Bolt has been a Skrull since the Illuminati went to there planet and threated the skrulls (issue 1?) If I remember correctly they were going around freeing each other and suddenly Black Bolt just poped up out of nowhere

I think Black Bolt has been a Skrull since the Illuminati went to there planet and threated the skrulls (issue 1?) If I remember correctly they were going around freeing each other and suddenly Black Bolt just poped up out of nowhere

Hmmmm, i'll have to read that issue again.

I heard that..

Both Rad & Shanester are Skrulls

You have to agree it would explain a LOT!

T.

well that would explain alot,

theyre rounding up all minimate lovers so they can replace us and take over the world or even worse, steal our minimates

but pym, very good point, maybe ur right but lets not hope so

It also seems likely that anyone having their own book that features exploits of them on a team will not be Skrull, as they cannot explain the inner dialogue of character specific thoughts when they can't deny that the person was ever on a team. For instance, we get the inner workings of Ms Marvel's mind in her book and also see her working with Mighty Avengers from time to time. So the Ms. Marvel in Mighty Avengers must be real if the Ms. Marvel in her own book is real.

I'm not sure that characters with their own titles couldn't be skrulls. When Wolverine was replaced he had his own running title containing inner dialogue. We just had to accept that six or more months of stories weren't actually Wolverine himself but a skrull instead.

Wasn't their some issue of New Avengers where Luke and Jessica's baby had eerie green eyes on the last panel?

Solicits and other preview articles I've seen lately suggest a break up between Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. It has also been said that we're going to see some clarification on when at least some of the characters that were switched were actually switched and how.

As far as Black Bolt and how long he's been a Skrull, I imagine he was "replaced" after the events of Silent War, which my guess says takes place after World War Hulk. The end of that story shows

Black Bolt tossed in a prison as his brother takes the thrown

which means that he could easily be replaced for all future appearances.

As for Pym, I don't see it happening. They already pulled the switcheroo on him during Civil War. To do it again would be like beating a dead horse. War Machine hasn't left his armor in all of his Initiative appearances, has he? Maybe he's a Skrull, which could be attributed to the knowledge gained from Tony Stark during the Illuminati series. I'm not sure how many other teams will be affected, considering the limited scope of the event.

I still think people with their own books are safe, as a lot of the books have seen the characters going through personal stuff that would not be bothered with by Skrulls. Spider-Man's torment for his aunt rules him out. Iron Man turning into Ultron rules him out. Wolverine "dying" rules him out. Ms. Marvel's trip to Monster Island and the rebirth of her Binary powers rules her out. Iron Fist's whole issue of sharing his powers rules him out. It really all depends on when these stories take place, which is a logistical nightmare in and of itself. Black Bolt being replaced after his World War Hulk/Silent War appearances is the only logical fit.

As far as who is a Skrull, I'm thinking some or all of the following as likely suspects: Wonder Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Doctor Strange, and War Machine. I don't know who would be the infiltrator on any teams beyond the core Avengers/Initiative teams.

I heard that..

Both Rad & Shanester are Skrulls

You have to agree it would explain a LOT!

T.

...and the member known as TBT was never heard from again! ;)

Shaky ground here, guys. At this rate, the admins will call for us all to register our real names, leading part of the board to rise up in a revolt. Danny will unmask, revealing to the world that he is actually Paris Hilton, which will escalate things to the point where Ady will be killed by a sniper's bullet and a brainwashed JL. Then, on top of that, TBT will return from the exile he was sent on by the combined efforts of the admins, resulting in countless loss of threads on the board. Lump that in to when Lurch says "No more customs", causing all but a few of our resident customizers to simply drop the hobby. This will eventually result in a Messiah Complex when Antacost will create a new custom child, which will be fought over by people from all camps, where it will eventually be revealed that Highassroller has the custom and is trying to sell it on eBay. The confusion from all of this is amplified when it is discovered that Kirby is a Skrull and Fujis is actually two midgets in a trenchcoat. And on top of all of this, Iron Man is still a dick.

Shaky ground here, guys. At this rate, the admins will call for us all to register our real names, leading part of the board to rise up in a revolt. Danny will unmask, revealing to the world that he is actually Paris Hilton, which will escalate things to the point where Ady will be killed by a sniper's bullet and a brainwashed JL. Then, on top of that, TBT will return from the exile he was sent on by the combined efforts of the admins, resulting in countless loss of threads on the board. Lump that in to when Lurch says "No more customs", causing all but a few of our resident customizers to simply drop the hobby. This will eventually result in a Messiah Complex when Antacost will create a new custom child, which will be fought over by people from all camps, where it will eventually be revealed that Highassroller has the custom and is trying to sell it on eBay. The confusion from all of this is amplified when it is discovered that Kirby is a Skrull and Fujis is actually two midgets in a trenchcoat. And on top of all of this, Iron Man is still a dick.

Whoaaa there fella step away from the caffiene... I'm fine I'm safe no one can make me disappe.........

Hahaha! Thats probably the best post I've ever read! Nice one!

Whoaaa there fella step away from the caffiene... I'm fine I'm safe no one can make me disappe.........

Remember kids, if he turns up again he'll probably be a Skrull. Run away screaming! DO IT NOW!

It also seems likely that anyone having their own book that features exploits of them on a team will not be Skrull, as they cannot explain the inner dialogue of character specific thoughts when they can't deny that the person was ever on a team.

I still think people with their own books are safe, as a lot of the books have seen the characters going through personal stuff that would not be bothered with by Skrulls.

Yeah but taking internal dialogue and non-Skrully personal motivations as an indicator that they're not Skrulls only works if all the agents are aware that they're Skrulls. Spider-man himself pointed out in New Avengers that he'd make a good candidate for a "sleeper" Skrull...

I'm looking forward to all the heroes uniting against a common foe and everybody seeing just how messed up all the Registration stuff is (though it had good intentions).

As the smoke rises from the burnt corpse of the last Skrull invader, Iron Man turns to the non-registered heroes and says, "You are all under arrest for violation of the Superhuman Registration Act."

I'm looking forward to all the heroes uniting against a common foe and everybody seeing just how messed up all the Registration stuff is (though it had good intentions).

As the smoke rises from the burnt corpse of the last Skrull invader, Iron Man turns to the non-registered heroes and says, "You are all under arrest for violation of the Superhuman Registration Act."

Hopefully regestration will not be a factor. Heck, the people who put SHRA into motion may well be skrulls. Remember, one of the big advocates was Hank Pym.