UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 Wave 3

of course the funniest part is that thet are going to be available in April 2007 !

These look cool, not sure why DST insists on giving EVERYONE moulded chest pieces though :(

T.

Well yeah, three have sculpted jackets, but how else would you do a jacket? Older minimates have sculpted jackets too, they always have. One of the CTHD mates has a jacket!

Well yeah, three have sculpted jackets, but how else would you do a jacket? Older minimates have sculpted jackets too, they always have. One of the CTHD mates has a jacket!

They're just ugly that way, not to mention the way it screws with articulation.

Suit jackets have historically been done with tampo's not moulded pieces ( prof-x chameleon etc)

as have some jackets ( Wave 3 Logan springs to mind)

It seems that DST is definitely going to more molded chest pieces, I just think they spoil the simple elegance of minimate design.

T.

They're just ugly that way, not to mention the way it screws with articulation.

Suit jackets have historically been done with tampo's not moulded pieces ( prof-x chameleon etc)

as have some jackets ( Wave 3 Logan springs to mind)

It seems that DST is definitely going to more molded chest pieces, I just think they spoil the simple elegance of minimate design.

T.

While admittedly not a huge fan of chestpieces (though they do have their place occasionally), my biggest gripe is that some have sculpted shirts underneath (Jack Baur), and others in the same wave have tampos. Neither is better or worse IMO, but the consistency is all over place on these. I am digging the sculpted "receding hairline" hair pieces though; they just look better than the tampoed hair/ears.

Sculpted jackets are something I can live with. Looking at the two, I prefer New X-Men Wolverine's jacket to DoFP Wolverine's painted one. I can see what TBT means though. Looking at those early jackets and comparing them to the ones of today reveals a whole new level of detail as opposed to another level of boxy goodness. The shirts and jackets of Marty McFly, Jack Bauer, and Peter Parker have come a long way from those seen on Professor X, New X-Men Wolverine, and Patch. That being said, I consider these the lesser evils compared to the sculpted chest detail on Smart Hulk and Apocalypse, or the special heads on Doc Brown and Killowogg.