UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #4

Shanester

Hi Chuck, I was wondering how the character selection works for the marvel waves?

I'm not Chuck, but I can probably answer.

dart_board.jpg

:D

*holds up "Not Chuck" placard*

Red/grey rings = DST Choice

Outer White/Black ring = Retailer Choice

Inner White/Black ring = Marvel Choice

Bullseye = Fan Preference

:offtopic:

Isn't this a question thread, not a make-fun-of-obviously-true-character-selection-and-this-is-why-we-have-so-many-blasted-Spider-Men-and-Wolverines thread?

LOL! Yes it is. You're right. My fault - I apologize.

(I was going to suggest all the black on the board = a Spidey mate & all the white = Wolverine. Double and triple rings would be individually assigned as needed to fill in waves... :D )

:offtopic:

Isn't this a question thread, not a make-fun-of-obviously-true-character-selection-and-this-is-why-we-have-so-many-blasted-Spider-Men-and-Wolverines thread?

LOL! Yes it is. You're right. My fault - I apologize.

(I was going to suggest all the black on the board = a Spidey mate & all the white = Wolverine. Double and triple rings would be individually assigned as needed to fill in waves... :D )

Actually I meant that as a joke to make fun of how we got so blasted many spider men and wolverines.

Hi Chuck, I was wondering how the character selection works for the marvel waves?

I'm not Chuck, but I can probably answer.

dart_board.jpg

:D

I thought it was evens Wolverine and odds Spider-Man.

My question is are we going to see any of the minimates off of the poster that still haven't made it to production ie Hobgoblin, Toad, Angel, Havok, Mysterio, Psylocke and Gambit.

hey chuck,

we have seen pics of zombie giant man, wasp (sort of), and now black panther, and even a different ironman. Does this mean that we might get another avengers wave in the future? You could even make the 3rd two pack a wolverine and spiderman set (the are avengers...) :)

'ello 'ello,

With some new pvc's and an Inara statue coming out is there any interest in Firefly/Serenity minimates? Would love to see a Zoe/Wash minimate set... oh yeah, and I still want a Laura Roslin mate! I know I'm beating a dead horse but it never hurts to keep the torch burning. :biggrin:

I too agree that some Firefly/Serenity minimates would be great, but as the series is no longer ongoing, would you be able to get the licence? I would love a Mal/Jayne, Zoe/Wash, River/Simon, Kaylie/Inara then maybe an army builder like Alliance Troop/Reaver. I would love DST forever if they made this wave.

But to my actual question, according to somebody on this forum, DST said that they won't release an all villian wave. I want to know why this is? As it has been said on here many times, this would be very popular as at the moment the Marvel Miniverse is mainly full of heroes, which can get a little boring. I would buy an entire villain wave or and Army builder.

I too agree that some Firefly/Serenity minimates would be great, but as the series is no longer ongoing, would you be able to get the licence? I would love a Mal/Jayne, Zoe/Wash, River/Simon, Kaylie/Inara then maybe an army builder like Alliance Troop/Reaver. I would love DST forever if they made this wave.

But to my actual question, according to somebody on this forum, DST said that they won't release an all villian wave. I want to know why this is? As it has been said on here many times, this would be very popular as at the moment the Marvel Miniverse is mainly full of heroes, which can get a little boring. I would buy an entire villain wave or and Army builder.

DST already has the Serenity license but I don't think that includes the Firefly license. So they could make movie-related characters but not tv-related ones. Not a big deal though since they're the same...

As for an all villain wave, the reason it'll never happen is that they want these to appeal to the widest audience possible which is why we have so many Spider-Man and Wolverine variants. These are two of the most recognizable Marvel characters which will attract the casual buyer. Sure die-hard fans would go nuts for an all-villain wave but they are in the minority. DST needs to move product and recognizable heroes do that; not obscure villains.

That's not to say they won't make them but get used to the idea that there'll be fewer villains than heroes.

The only real difference is their outfits. Being a huge, and maybe a little sad, fan of Firefly, I prefer the costumes worn in the series rather than the movie, especially Mal's but maybe now I'm just splitting hairs.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering why there are not more boxsets. I love my giant size x-men set, and the spiderman set turned out all right. I can understand doing more repaints in a set like the spiderman set instead all new parts like the xmen set, but it would still be a great way to get out more characters. From my understanding the xmen set sold well and my city (dallas) has sold out of the spiderman sets.

And as far as street fighter series 2, AFX loves their exclusives, Has a series 2 box set been pitched out? Are you guys still looking at options? I would have bought series one when it came out but I couldnt find anything but the darkstalkers pack in dallas.

One more, is a box of zombie Fantastic four possible is the regular zombie box sells well?

Thank you so much for taking time to answer us fans.

Hi, my question is Has DST ever tried to get part of the Star Wars licence from Hasbro?

Would they try? Even to get the licence for one movie, say A New Hope?

Thanks.

Want to say thank you for the new character selection, just got my Avengers wave minimates and I'm good...for now. I was looking at Loki and Vision and I think I might have a good way to give Vision full colored arms and legs, instead of intangible arms and legs, do the greens and yellows match? Will Movie Ghost Rider still happen? According to the website 19 and 20 will ship later this year, can I believe this? Are you able to share parts with DCD, like say the bows and arrows for Green Arrow and Hawkeye or are they different bows? Thanks for you time, glad to see the line is stronger then ever and really looking forward to Good, Bad, and Ugly minimates.